June 16, 2018

Primitive Gatherings Summer Blocks Of The Week...

Primitive Gatherings "Twilight Garden" Block 1

Don't chastise me, please. Going to those monthly Sit & Sews at Primitive Gatherings is to blame for this. I saw a number of Lisa's blocks for this quilt at the last get together and couldn't resist participating. I purchased the summer-long set; the thread kit; the pre-cut, pre-fused 1/4" circles (there are 1500!!! of them in this quilt); and the supplies kit.

My first kit, along with the ground fabric for all 18 blocks, arrived on Wednesday. There were three choices for ground fabric color (red, navy and gray), and all the motifs are kitted with the same color wools. I chose the gray to fit in with the farmhouse colors - and a happy medium when Labrador and Corgi hair sticks to it. sigh

Lisa suggested that, even if I don't have time to stitch each one as they arrive, it's a good idea to at least set them up (fuse, cut, and place) until I do have time to sit down. I'm definitely going to do that.

Primitive Gatherings "Summer Freebie" Block of the Week - Block 1
 
There is also a summer-long free block of the week. If you stop into the shop and make a $25 purchase, you get the kit free. Otherwise it's $5 a week for the pattern and fabrics. However, if you signed up for the Twilight Garden Summer Block of the Week, the free kit is included with every weekly installment of the larger quilt.
 
I've committed to keeping up to date with the little block of the week. Each finished one is approximately 3" x 5". This one arrived Wednesday, and I finished stitching it yesterday. One down...
 
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, donna!! Looks like a really fun project!! Primitive Gatherings is one of my favorite designers!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sew cute and what a great weekly project for you and your stitching fingers. Wool is Wonderful! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna