June 29, 2018

Plain Ol' Strawberry Jam...

Hickory Hill Farm's Strawberry Jam
 
It was a simple and tasty recipe, but it took a little time. I cleaned and cut up the fresh strawberries I bought last weekend...and used the recipe from inside the box of SureJell™ pectin. 
 
Once the stems, leaves and cores were removed, I crushed the prepared strawberries, and mixed them with one box of SureJell™.  I also added a teaspoon of butter to keep the foam down. I brought the mix to a boil, and took it off the heat to add the sugar. Once the sugar was mixed in, I brought it back up to a rolling boil for 1 minute, and then put into sterilized jars. Into the water bath canner for 15 minutes and I was done. I made two. tasty batches. 
 
They're labeled now. I called this jam "Plain Ol' Strawberry Jam". No ginger. No vanilla. No rhubarb. Nothing exotic. Just plain ol' strawberry jam.


I also finished creating all the pieces for the Summer Block of the Week, but didn't get much further. I have an eye doctor appointment today - which includes dilating my eyes - so I'm not sure I'll get any more of it done today. We'll "see". (wink)
 
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. I love that you make your own jams! You've inspired me to think about doing this once I retire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you do, Suz! It's so rewarding to look in your pantry and see the "fruits" of your labor. Thanks for the note.
    Have a great weekend!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sweet fruits of your labor look delicious. Pure “plain ol” Strawberry Jam...so good over vanilla ice cream...or just about anything! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna