June 7, 2018

A Closet Case...

Sewing Studio Closet
 
Our younger son (who is a licensed carpenter and home inspector) shared some of his talents with us over the past week. He came to the farm, installed a couple of combination screen/storm windows, installed rods and shelves in our bedroom closets, and today installed shelves in my sewing studio closet. He's also building new radiator covers for all the steam radiators in the house. yay!
 
I had a hodge podge of shelving in this closet, and it was very disorganized. Now, I have closets that accommodate everything I need to keep there, and I'll be able to access things without moving other things...one of my pet peeves.
 
Sewing Studio Closet - MUCH Better!
 
One of the most important items I need to store when I'm not using it, is the embroidery unit for my Babylock Destiny sewing machine. It has to be in a place where it doesn't get accidentally bumped or broken. 
 
I now have a deep shelf, mounted high, that is sized to perfectly protect this piece. (You can see the moving arm for the unit in the upper right of this photo.) I'll still need to sort out a few things to purge, but now I also have my travel sewing machine safely stored under the bottom shelf, next to the basket where I store all my selvage pieces that will eventually end up sewn together to make new quilt blocks. The best part is that it's freeing up floor space in the actual sewing room. That's a good thing.

Thanks to the talents of our son, I'm getting things in order. I do have items I'll be moving out of the room, but for the most part, I can turn my attention to creating again. double yay!
 
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing as calming as being organized and having your supplies right where you can access them. Your son is wonderful to do these projects for you. Triple Yay! Happy Day Dear...<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Sherry! You're so right. I'm loving the added storage the new shelves provided. Gardening and stitching were the order of the day today.
    Blessings,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna