June 23, 2018

Busy Friday...

Primitive Gatherings' Week Two Summer Block of the Week Freebie

I received my second installation of the "Twilight Garden" Summer Block of the Week yesterday, and with it, Week Two of the Summer Freebies. I'll be setting up the Twilight Garden blocks over the weekend. I'll start by cutting all the background blocks of the gray flannel that will be consistent throughout each block design. I have eighteen 20 1/2" blocks to cut, and then I'll trace, cut and fuse blocks one and two.

I stopped everything, though, to set up and stitch the second freebie within an hour of opening the box. The finished blocks are only 3.5" x 5", so it didn't take long.

Primitive Gatherings' Week One & Two Summer Freebies
 
After finishing the block, I headed to the kitchen and started a new batch of hickory syrup. I had it bottled by dinnertime. I'll be listing them up in the shop today as soon, as I've got all the bottles labeled. 

In looking at the two finished freebie blocks - Week One in front and Week Two behind it - I think I'm beginning to see a pattern. I'll know for sure next week. Do you see what I see? I bet you do.

DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Lovely little Summer blocks. One flower, two flowers...three flowers? Your Hickory Syrup from last year awaits my new pantry before we enjoy it. Heavenly Summer Bliss Dear...<3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna