June 30, 2017

Farmhouse Renovation - Past Maximum Capacity...

Farmhouse Fabric Studio
 
The shelves are full, and yet, I still have fabric to place. The difference between the height of the farmhouse studio walls and those in Florida is what's accounting for the issue. I had enough room on top of the shelves when they were down south to stand all these fabric bolts upright on them. I'm not able to do that in the farmhouse. 

Farmhouse Fabric Studio
 
That's the bad news. The good news is that I'm going to have to purge fabric equal to the "overflow". Over the next few weeks, I'll be photographing and listing those fabrics. Everything will be five dollars ($5.00!!) per yard (plus flat rate priority postage) for high quality cotton fabrics. (The bolts in the white crate on the left side of this photo are just a start of the fabrics I've pulled to sell at BrynwoodNeedleworks.com.)
 
The base of my cutting table is made up of four of the cubicle bases, and they're already filled with folded fabrics. I'll sort through those and pull some of the flat folds, too. By the time I'm finished, I'll have "moving around" space...and there will be more than a few happy shoppers. 
 
You'll be able to check out what I've got listed starting over the weekend.  If you're looking for somethings special, just send me an email and I'll see if I can help you. I'll be listing Christmas, novelty and other themes, so I just might have what you're looking for...at a great price.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. Oh Dear Donna who would have ever thought the ceiling height would be an issue. I am surprised that Florida had taller ceilings than a grand 100 year old farmhouse. The purging and sale is a good idea. Your room is fabulous!!! Happy selling dear...<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are packed to the gills, donna!! But everything is looking really good!! LOVE your hardwood floors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna, I'm trying to catch up reading your blog. Your farmhouse is very beautiful, inside and out. I love your pantry! Your short story from June 23 sure hit home. I never had a name for it but I also had a committee. It was actually so much of a burden in my younger years that I moved away as far as I could, from Europe to the US. Now that I'm older I find it very sad but it motivated me immensely not to make the same mistake with my children and I'm thankful for that. There are many things that I may not remember but I always remember how a person made me feel. Happy 4th:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! I'm so jealous. What a beautiful studio, I can't believe how much you have packed in so neatly. That reminds me (unfortunately) that I really need to clean my sewing room. I can't wait for your sale, not that I need anything. That's never stopped me before. Do you have any Ghastlies fabric? Please pet the poochies for me. ;-> Toni Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna