November 6, 2013

Quilting The Nest...

 The first "Sweet Stitches" pattern I ever stitched was the "Bluebell Nest" 
design. I really liked the way it turned out, but I realized (after stitching three 
others) that I used a completely different stitch on this one than all the others.

I'm going to stitch it again (after I finish the others), so I decided to do something
different with this one. It's perfectly fine, but doesn't match the rest, so I made a
table runner with it. I assembled the top yesterday and then set about quilting it.
 I placed the bird's nest panel in the center and added machine-stitched
branches (from the design) in mirror image on each end. I've already finished
 one here, using echo and decorative stitching all around the branch motif.

I'll finish quilting the third panel today and then trim and bind it to finish the runner. 
I'm also going to make matching napkins to go with it. If all goes as planned, I'll
have one Christmas gift finished by the end of the day. (Photos tomorrow.)
Off to the studio...Wish me luck!
DonnaAcornSignature

5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful stitchery and stunning quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning, Donna,
    That is beautiful! Do you have a long arm quilting machine, or do you use your sewing machine? I can't wait until my wrists heal and I get the 'go ahead' from my doctor...I am anxious to get into my sewing studio!

    Have a thoughtful Thursday ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohboy...what fun you're having! Beautiful work, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely stitching and quilting. This will be a loving and beautiful gift with your lovely napkins to match. Creative Stitching Bliss...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna