November 24, 2013

Give Thanks...

I finished another one of my Sweet Stitches embroideries over the weekend. 
Because it's meant for July, I'll wait to show you that one until later. (I asked
Handsome to choose which one I should do next and he liked "Liberty".)

Instead, I'll show you the second embroidery I did in October. I only showed
 a little bit then, and decided to save it to show you until Thanksgiving week. 
I know you were expecting to see "peeks" of the project I was working 
on at weeks' end on Friday and Saturday. Change of plans. So close to 
being finished with FIVE more gifts, I was informed that there won't be 
a gift exchange between us this year. Whoa! I didn't see that coming.

One of the gals lost her beloved husband three weeks ago, and is understandably 
not in the holiday spirit. Another has family that has temporarily moved in with 
her for an extended while and has put a damper on her creative endeavors.

I'm still going to finish those projects, but they won't be Christmas gifts, so 
I decided to take a weekend break and regroup. I spent Saturday starting the
"Liberty" Sweet Stitches block and finished it Sunday during the Packer game.

Today, I'll begin another Christmas gift. I'll show you my progress on that
when you come back to visit on Wednesday. If you're traveling during this
holiday, please be safe and have a wonderful time with family and friends.
 This time of year, I'll be reflecting on all of the blessings in my life. It's not
 about gifts or "what's in it for me"...it's about taking care of each other. Those
relationships based on give and take, mutual love, and respect that lasts a lifetime.
On the top of my list is my own beloved, Handsome. I'll write more about my
list over the course of the week - along with pictures of finished projects.

Tag will be back tomorrow. He has his own list, too...and you know him.
He's just too excited to keep these things to himself. He can't wait!

Although many people don't like Mondays, I personally love them. I
view each Monday as a new beginning and another chance to get it "right".
So...Have a great Monday, my friends.
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. Oh Donna I am so sorry to hear of family issues that curtail Christmas plans. It is an overwhelming time of year for so many. Blessings are indeed my main focus more this week than normal. "Give Thanks" stitchery is beautiful. Glad you took the weekend to relax and enjoy. Now that I don't work I too enjoy Mondays. I am Thankful for you dear...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving, Donna!
    Your stitching is beautiful and I'm sorry to hear about the gift exchange being cancelled. We've had to modify our plans for turkey day due to my shingles outbreak. Seems like lots of people had to modify this year. All that matters is taking care of one another, just as you said. Big hugs to you and looking forward to seeing Taggie tomorrow. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving Deece. Love to you, Tag and Steve.
    xx,
    Shelbie Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna