August 31, 2010

That Telltale, Impish Grin...

If you've only been reading my blog for a short time, you haven't met my friend, Krisann, yet. I've written about her before, here and here. She's a whiz kid with a crochet hook!

Tuesday night, when she joined our girlfriend group at Books a Million, she had that telltale, impish grin on her face. She was smiling at me, and I could tell she had something up her sleeve.
She held out her hands to reveal another of her little crocheted bowls. For me?!! Oh, yes, thank you! But, in addition to this wonderful crocheted bowl, she said it held tiny treasures from her recent trip to Massachusetts...Northeastern acorns! I was giddy, I tell you! Simply giddy!

If you'd like to own one of Krisann's beautiful little crocheted bowls (or choose from another of her crochet creations), please head over to her Artfire shop here. If you'd like a little bowl like mine, just let her know. I'm sure she'd be happy to make one just for you!

Thank you, Krisann...for the beautiful bowl; those helpful, healing massages; our long chats; and most of all, your friendship. (Smooches!)

17 comments:

  1. Krisann is very talented !!! Lovely bowl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gift is lovely. But the bigger gift is to be thought of while she was selecting acorns especially for you. It is the simplist gift that gives the greatest pleasure. My heart is popping for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - that is truly beautiful. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the sweetest and most thoughtful friends! (I am including myself in there :)) )
    Thanks for sharing that gift and your friend with us too.

    (())

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely bowl....I just love that!!! The acorns are so sweet....I wish we had them here, they would make charming hats for little bears!!!
    Hugs,
    Mags

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.thetrustees.org/places-to-visit/berkshires/bartholomews-cobble.html
    Here's a link to the site about Bartholomew's Cobble from whence the acorns came. It's an enchanting forest ;~)
    Your friendship means the world to me, Donna. You are a treasure. Thank you, my friend, for sharing with me. Smooches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love anything crocheted and this bowl is fabulous with the sweetest little treasures. Wonderful! Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. How totally cute! I will have to go see. Lovely acorns! we have 2 pin oaks dropping the small acorns, want some?
    Love
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love crochet and plan on getting better at it! Love the crochet bowl but really like those acorns!!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  11. aren't friends awesome.....what a lovely gift....adn those acorns are so cute..I have never seen ones like that....

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely surprise for you! I know you were excited because this bowl is beautiful. Love that she put you some acorns in there too.
    Your right honey I should be careful how I use my words. Put to sleep is not a good one to use. lol
    Thanks for stopping by...I still do intend to get on here and write you a email.
    Love ya
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  13. The bowl is SO lovely. I cannot crochet, and so I appreciate when I see it. And lovely acorns! A truly special gift! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the basket that your friend made! I wish I could figure that one out! =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow what a great and gorgeous bowl! How fun and sweet:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooo! Boy oh boy I know she and you both had big ol' grins on your faces! How great is this!
    What a talented gal and a sweetie she is too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooo! Boy oh boy I know she and you both had big ol' grins on your faces! How great is this!
    What a talented gal and a sweetie she is too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna