August 5, 2010

A Little Girl, An Acorn And Two Mice...

I love getting mail. I mean, I really, really love getting mail! Yesterday was a perfect example. I opened the mailbox to find a package inside, addressed to me. This surprise package came from Nancy of Nancy Matters blog. I scurried back to the house and straight into the studio. Moments later, these were the treasures I'd unearthed.
Nancy had created a precious artist trading card for me! Look at the pretty colors! It features Beatrix Potter's sewing mice with a "You're sew nice" caption, plus she placed a button and snippet of crocheted lace on the edge. She has quite the eye for detail.

There was also a beautifully embellished oval box that had the words, "She spends hours in the sewing room" on the side, with more lace and an image of a little sewing girl on the lid.
I've had this image in my files, and adore the little girl sewing intently. I changed the colors in my image, but I love Nancy's version. I can't remember whether or not I'd shared this with you before. (As usual, you can click on any of my images to enlarge them.)
I was already overwhelmed with Nancy's generosity, but then I opened the little box to find another gift inside. Can you tell what it is?
A beautiful, satiny acorn was nestled inside the box! I was speechless! I had sent one of my 400th Follower artist trading cards to her in the initial mailing. I never expected to receive anything in return. I guess that's why I was so excited. Miss Nancy really gets me!
The back of the card is perfect, with no smudges.
I obscured her edress for her privacy.

I love how thoughtful Nancy was to put this atc and gift together just for me. This is the back of the card...just as beautiful as the front...and, did I say, "just for me"? Please stop by and say hello to Nancy at her blog called "Nancy Matters". Click here to visit her.

Thank you, Nancy, for the unexpected gift. I love it and it will have a special place with the artist trading cards in the studio.
Thanks a million for all of your kind comments on yesterday's post. Handsome and I were very touched. He reminded me that on August 14th, 2010, his mom would have been 100 years old.
Wouldn't that have been cool? (We miss you, Mom!)
Oh, and I just found out I won Jennifer's cool Rub n' Buff™ giveaway at Sanctuary Art. I love this cool stuff. It's a cream that's great for adding a little antique or shimmer finish to just about anything! It comes in copper, silver, gold, and black, and she's giving me three tubes! Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy! Thank you, Jen!

14 comments:

  1. Hello, Donna! Just dropping by to say a BIG thank you for the wonderful ATC you sent me. I love it! I haven't tried making a fabric ATC but yours inspires me to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't even try to compete with you or nancy to make an atc card...my brain could not function that well..what a nice surprize you got and you are right it does bring a smile to our face and a twinkle in our eye when we get any kind of goodies in the mail. I just did a new post in my blog so go and check it out when you get time :)
    Hugs
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful and thoughtful gesture from Nancy! I'll have to go check out her blog, she sounds like a fantastic gal. :-)

    Have a beautiful Friday!
    Love,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful and thoughtful!!! After seeing yours and now Nancy's, I know I do not have what it takes to create such lovely ATC's!

    Enjoy your day!!

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You hit the mother lode! She really gets you completely. What a perfect gift. I adore that artist trading card. Lucky girl you!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya Donna,

    Wow, did you get some cool stuff or what! I love the acorn, it's beautiful. You deserve it all missy.

    Love ya'
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna,
    What wonderful..and thoughful..gifts! I love the sewing themed images! Thanks for sharing.
    Angela
    www.sewloquacious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such wonderful gifts from Nancy - each one a treasure!!!

    Happy weekend to you & yours, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  9. G'day Donna ~ Oh, my! What a beautiful write of your milove! I know how you feel about holding the treasures of hers you have ... I do the same with mine. It is such an emotion of love ...

    The heart pillow is TDF, sweet lady.

    Nancy's gift to you is over the moon fabulous! You gals are sooo talented/creative. And, that acorn was the final delightful touch. I know you were in awe & tickled when you saw it.

    We are so blessed to have one another ... in so many different ways we are touched by true friendship, kindness & love.

    Have a beautiful summer's eve, sweet friend!
    Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  10. What BEAUTIFUL treasures! Nancy is quite the talent - what lovely gifts she created just for you. :) Congrats on your Sanctuary Art win. Enjoy the weekend! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Donna: Thank you for the wonderful compliments. I used a collage sheet from Alpha Stamps for the image of the girl sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok, time for some of you ladies to have a tutorial on how to make some of these wonderful creations.
    I am still trying to find the right glue to make things stick together better. When some of us say we do not understand how to do these things - we mean it. Well, maybe I am one of a few.

    I am truly in awe with the projects that I have seen on blogs. I think I better write to my ATC swap partner, and tell her what NOT to expecct.

    Oh well, this is suppose to be for fun, right?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was thinking about sending you an ATC back to but are ashamed to say that I still haven't found time and inspiration at the same time. I thanked you at my blog anyways. http://liszha.blogspot.com/2010/08/80-atc-and-sneakpeak.html
    I superlove Nancy's ATC and the acorn is so beautiful and so you! That is such a thoughtful gift. I must check out her blog.
    Hugs,
    Lisette

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna