August 10, 2010

"Butterfly Baby" Quilt...

It's finished! Butterfly Baby quilt has been added to The Boutique and is ready to go to someone's home. The finished quilt measures 31" x 36" and is made of high-quality, Moda cotton with Warm and Natural batting. It's just the right size to be baby's first quilt.

I really love the colors. They're bright and stimulating, and work for either a little boy or little girl.
I also made a small storage bag to match, which will be perfect as ready-made gift packaging. Later, it can be a place to keep baby's toys or supplies, because the quilt is bound to become a favorite "blankie".

You can read more about the quilt by visiting my Brynwood Boutique. Just click here for the listing. It can be found under the "Brynwood Baby" link at the top of the Boutique.
Yesterday was overcast and rainy, but we need the water, so I don't complain. I just spend more time in the studio making things to share with you. I'll be back tomorrow to show you what else I've been working on.

A few of you have asked me to do a tutorial on basic ribbon embroidery, so I'll be working on that in the next week or so to share with everyone. Please don't ever feel like you're imposing to ask me for a special post. I'm happy to write about special topics that interest you whenever I'm able. Although I don't always respond to every comment you leave for me, please know that I read every single one and appreciate hearing from you. Thanks a million!

11 comments:

  1. I love the colors and what a sweet idea of the little bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna, I love your baby quilt. I can see it now being carried around by a little one. We got some rain last night and starting the day at 73 degrees. It probably won't stay that way, but we can always wish for it. Have a wonderful day and I am off to work. Your Missouri Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beauty Donna...someone is going to make a baby very happy love the bag also♥
    Hugz♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very sweet quilt, and I love the bag,too!
    Hope you enjoyed your rainy day in the studio. Those are the best kind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How gorgeous!!!! I am about to start making a baby quilt for a friend. I am considering NOT prewashing the fabric and just washing it after because I want it to look scrunchy and cozy... your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Butterfly quilt and corresponding gift/toy bag are very happy and beautiful. Love your packages you received as they are very special when made and given especially for you. Happy creating...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cheerful little baby quilt! It is sure to be a favorite! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's gorgeous - you did a FABULOUS job (as always). Theresa :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilt and bag. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The quilt bag idea is perfect not only to carry or store the quilt, but as a gift wrap idea.

    Sharon
    www.uniquebabyquiltboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cutie quilty!
    Perfect for a little snuggle bunny.
    xx, shell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna