August 28, 2010

The Collection Identified...

I stole a little studio time yesterday to work on my Love Bird applique' quilt. We had friends join us at our home for dinner, so preparing for their visit and the meal we would be sharing kept me in the kitchen for more of the day. I managed to sew all of the strip sets together, and I'm showing just a few of them to you.

Thank you to Jan (from Bessie Mary )blog for figuring out which Fig Tree fabrics were in my jelly roll. Most of the line is called Dandelion Girl, but there are also elements from the Urban Indigo line, too. I really appreciate that you spent some time online, Jan, and then sent me links so that I could see for myself. Above and beyond, my friend. I really appreciate the effort.

I'm going to have time to play in the studio today, so I'll press all the strip sets I assemble before I cut them into squares, and then triangles. I'll take lots of photos so I can share my day with you tomorrow.

I hope your Sunday is filled with rest, relaxation and time spent doing what you love.

13 comments:

  1. Oh, Donna! I LOVE the colors you've picked for this quilt! So soft!

    Have fun in your studio!

    Hugs!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with the other posts Donna these are fabulous fabric combos. I'm in love with it and it isn't even done yet, :)
    Have a restful fun Sunday (sewing that is!)
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Girlfriend,

    I can't believe that's a shot from your workroom........I swear it looks like a store! I'm so jealous, but hey if you're gonna' do the amazing things you do, you gotta' have the right set-up. I'm so excited to see this quilt done.......I love the applique aspect. Best of luck sweetie.

    Love ya'
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful fabrics. I look forward to seeing how these strips become colorful squares and triangles.
    Have a wonderful Sunday.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Meri! At first, I thought you had found another display photograph of the collection! Your space is so wonderful, and you are too quick -- sewing and cooking and entertaining!
    So glad I could help solve the mystery. I love a good puzzle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great day, my friend. Brenda sent me a photo of the pillow you made for her. You are so compassionate and caring, Donna. I know you brought tears to her eyes, and mine.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Donna, I just came from Brenda's blog. The pillow you made of her sweet Bonnie is just precious. A lovely, loving thing to do. Wishing you a beautiful week ahead. :) Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just saw the lovely pillow you sent to Brenda at Cozy Little House. What a wonderful and thoughtful thing to do!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. In part to you and your gift, I think my heart is starting to heal. I needed a nudge. Thank you, my friend, for that nudge in red and white.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I jumped over from Brenda's blog ...you gave her such a lovely gift. Just wanted you to know how wonderful I think that gesture was.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you had time to play today. Can't wait to see how this turns out. It's going to be so pretty!
    My day was good too. Sure did go by fast though.
    xx, shell and sugie

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely fabrics! Can't wait to see your finished quilt. :) Theresa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna