August 30, 2010

Love Birds And Lovely Gifts...

I didn't finish my quilt top on Monday, but I did put the blocks together. I'm going to add three borders to surround the blocks. The next time you see this quilt top, it will be finished and ready to assemble. I'm so glad that I've called it Love Birds, because I am completely smitten with it.
I received a package in the mail on Saturday. I was so tickled to see a new atc for my collection! Bobbi Ann of The Bead Goes On... sent me a thank you package for including her in my 400th Follower artist card giveaway. She wrote about our exchange on her blog, too. You can read it here.
I think the dog featured on Bobbi Ann's atc looks just like Kessie! Isn't this adorable? I'm almost expecting her tail to wag!
Bobbi Ann even decorated the back of her card to me! I don't usually decorate the backs of my cards, but I've noticed beautiful backs on many of the cards I've received. I may have to rethink this. I usually pour my soul into the fronts, but I so love the cards I've received with decorated backs!

Bobbi Ann, girlfriend, you really outdid yourself on my behalf. Not only the artist trading card in exchange for the one I sent you, but also a piece of beautiful red cotton fabric, the two stretch bead bracelets (I love the letter beads spelling out "Jesus"), and the autumn-themed stickers (that even include acorns and a squirrel!). Even her little card with the sweet patchwork cat makes me smile.

Thank you so much for your lovely gifts, Bobbi Ann. I was surprised and so grateful to have received such a thoughtful package from you.

10 comments:

  1. My friend you out did yourself once more your "Love Birds" quilt is lovely it looks 3D and the fabrics are perfect for it anxiously awaiting for the finished product....
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe love birds is coming together so fast! It is just lovely and think you should do a blog give away with it!!! lol! Really it is remarkable and beautiful. Can't wait to see the borders on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those love birds! Soft, beautiful colors...
    Will you adopt me and put that quilt in my bedroom? =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - the quilt looks so lovely. It's coming along so quickly, too. :) And what a charming gift you received- the doggy is so sweet. Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna,
    Bobbi Ann's gift to you is precious. Love the 'best friend' card. Your quilt is beautiful, Donna I think you are the world's quickest quilter. And each one is more amazing than the last. I wish I lived close because I would somehow talk you into working with me on one. I think I told you I've wanted to make a quilt for ages, just so intimidated. I have all the vintage fabrics picked out. I want to do it for my daughters room. Maybe by the time she goes to college. LOL Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly stunning, Donna! Of course I expected no less!! Such a beautiful pattern and I love the colors!

    Hugs!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Donna, First I have to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your kind words here and at my blog. I'm so happy that we've had a chance to meet one another and I will treasure your gorgeous ATC and value our new found friendship for the rest of my lifetime. Thank you so much!

    Next, gosh I'm so happy that you liked everything! I'm really happy to that the sweet furry one on your ATC I made for you looks like your Kessie! That's what I was hoping! You know, sometimes I don't decorate the backs of the ATC'S. But in this case I thought it would be so cute.

    As for the other things I sent you...I'm so very pleased that you like them! This post made my entire day! I haven't been feeling so well again and I got on the computer and when I seen this, well...thank you!

    Now for your gorgeous quilt, OMGodnessssss it's fantastic! I love your work!

    I do hope that you had a lovely day!
    Hugs...
    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilt girlfriend and love these goodies. Blogland is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna