August 15, 2010

August Blissfull ATC Group Swap...

You may have read this post yesterday, but Sunday morning, I decided to separate it from my Bible post so that both items could be given individual attention. Thanks!
I'm a member of the Blissfull ATC Swap group and am so glad that I joined in the fun. The theme for August was "orange", and my swap partner, Francie Thornton of The Scented Cottage Studio, sent me this fabulous card.

She wrote that her original idea was to paint the image of her ginger cat in a field of marigolds. She changed her mind and instead, painted Kes and her dad, Morgan, for me. When I opened the envelope to see this incredible card, I started to cry! Francie is one talented lady, and I'm blessed to have received her as a partner for August.
This is the card I created and sent to her. I had taken many photos of day lilies along the roadsides while I was in Wisconsin. They're one of my favorite flowers, and in the summer, they grow wild almost everywhere.

First, I gave the photo a treatment in Photoshop Elements to make it look more like it had been painted. I printed the image onto silk fabric and used a stiple stitch on my machine to attach it to my backing fabric. To the left, I stitched silk ribbon French knots and beads for blossoms, adding floss stems. Once I added my acorn, I was finished. I really love the way it turned out, but I have to admit, I think I got the better card in this swap!

Thank you, again, Francie. I love your interpretation of "orange" for our August swap!
Late Addition: Tracy Suzanne of Cotton Pickin Cute is celebrating her First Blog Anniversary with a generous giveaway. Click on her button, or the one in my sidebar to enter by August 25th. Congratulations, Tracy!

14 comments:

  1. I love both cards. She is a very talented artist and ofcourse you are the stitching artist of all time. See you soon! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna this painted card of your pooches is just amazing. I'd be sniffing too. How wonderfully sweet. and I just read the posts on your old Bible and the rosaries from last Sunday. Such a sweet and sentimental collection. The Bible is just wonderful, love that inscription, so mysterious.
    xo,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beathe taking both ATC.
    Beautiful work from both of you.
    Hugs Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet and thoughtful card you both made for each other. I love them both.
    It would of made me cry too getting a card like that how thoughtful.
    Been thinking about you my friend over the weekend wondering how you were doing.
    As always you are so busy.
    I will catch up on your site while I am here.
    Please come by and enter my CSN giveaway for $70.00. You might get lucky
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  5. How blessed we are to have such friends and, to double that blessing, be such a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful for her to have painted something that is so personal and meaningful to you. You, in turn, worked your magic and created something beautiful with your God-given talents. I wish I could learn to do things like this. Alas, my talents lie in other areas and I will just have to be satisfied with that!
    :-) Thanks for your sweet comments.
    ~ Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey lovely lady,

    Your ATC's are lovely, too! I wanted to embellish my card's fabric only it was just words, so there wasn't much I could do other than just stitching them onto the card. Your bible is absolutely amazing, stunning, and you're so blessed to have it. I would love just to touch it.....................run my fingers over it, peruse the maps, ponder the words, soak up the words, the experience and the history! Thank you for sharing these treasures with us.

    Love ya'
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Donna, oh my goodness how beautiful the ATC cards both are! How touching of one that she made for you. I would have cried my eyes out for sure if I had gotten something so special in the mail. How wonderful that was for you! I love them both, you's are so talented and I love and admire your work! I hope that you have a beautiful week.
    Hugs...
    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  9. I came over from The Scented Cottage to see how you made her beautiful card. I love the one that she made you as well.

    You are RIGHT that she is incredibly talented!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both ATC's are amazing and made by incredibly talented artists! Lots of time and love put into each card. I would say the swap is very even. Happy creating...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Donna you are such an encourager and I thank you for giving me the courage to send you that ATC...I know how much your puppies mean to you.
    the card you created for me is so special and I will treasure it.
    The sweet comments are so appreciated!
    (())
    Francie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Donna,
    Love all your up to these days. That bible is amazing! It's been such a busy summer. I haven't had the time to visit everyone like I love to. Thanks so much for leaving your sweet wishes for my babies birthday post. All the comments made me cry even harder.LOL Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that beautiful little painting of your precious poochies, and of course you just know what a fan I am of your creations...just beautiful!
    xo Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh what a wonderful ATC! Both of them! Francie is an incredible, sweet and funny lady. She is a total riot to be around. This ATC is truly a treasure.
    xx, shell and sugie bunny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna