August 20, 2010

I Love Surprises...

Sharing some Blogland love today. I recently received this scissors fob as a thank you from Sherry at Createology blog. A sweet gift in appreciation for the 400th Follower Ltd. Ed. artist trading card I sent her. Shades of green and brown, with those sweet acorns hanging from the last bead. I love it! Thanks, Sherry! I really appreciate your thoughtful gift.
Lucky me! I recently won Kate's giveaway at Chronicles of a Country Girl. The winner was able to choose two (TWO!) of her prints. You had to know that I'd choose the acorn, right? The white blooms are beautiful, too. I'm looking forward to framing these and displaying Kate's beautiful work in our home. Thank you, Kate! I love 'em!
I received one other wonderful package this past week. I placed an order from the talented and generous Michelle Palmer and she enclosed these gifts for me. An apron embroidered with oak trees, acorns, leaves and an owl on it, and one large acorn button.

The apron is long, like the ones I remember the nuns wearing when I was a girl. (We lived just down the block from a huge convent when I was growing up.) It's all done in a single-color thread and it's old. Michelle cleaned it after she found it on one of her vintage linen hunts, and there are a few age/wear holes in it. I'm going to think about how I can conceal the damage and highlight the embroideries. It's really beautiful and I love it!

But look at this big, honkin' button! It's about 3" in diameter with a metal plate, featuring my favorite little gift from nature. Michelle, I'm just enthralled with this button and can't wait to figure out what I'm going to do with it. Thank you so much for both of your generous gifts!
Finally, I'd like to share the fabrics that I'm using in my newest project. A gift from my hands to a friend. I'll share more when it's finished and on its way to a new home.

I love surprises! When they're received, I am filled with gratitude, and humbled by the gesture. When they're given, I give with an attitude of love and appreciation for the recipient. I'm so grateful for the friends who share their talents with me...and glad that I'm able to share with them, too.

If you haven't read my Vanilla Extract Tutorial yet, please be sure to click on the giveaway button under my August Celebrations at the top of my left sidebar. I'm offering a bottle of my homemade extract in a drawing for one of my friends.

I hope you have something relaxing, fun and/or creative planned for this weekend. You know, I always wish the best for you. See you tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. Ok Donna, our emails are not getting along!! I have tried to send you a thank you three times and it won't go through! Crazy! Anyway, thank you for all my beautiful goodies! I love them and have sat and stared and stared at them! I can't wait to get started on my first ribbon embroidery project!! Thank you for all your generosity and encouragement! You are an angel!!! xoxo, Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful surprises indeed! Love them all. I know all to well how wonderful it is to get a surprise. ;)
    xx, shell and sugie bunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surprises are wonderful! Everyone likes a beautiful surprise. Lucky you.

    Have a great weekend.
    Smiles and Blessings,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great gifties! Love the scissor fob (I love to make them, too) and the Michelle Palmer stuff is so pretty. I have a couple of her pieces. The red fabrics are gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you did with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Donna! Such beautiful, delightful surprises! How wonderful!
    I hope you have a lovely weekend,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  6. What LOVELY gifts!!! I love the acorn themed goodies. Such talented creators. :) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Donna, I love all of your surprises and I am still trying to send thank yous to all my friends who sent me birthday wishes. It was awesome between here, etsy, and facebook it made for a wonderful day. I will be back to visit you my friend. Your Missouri Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I once told someone that my favorite time of the day was when the mailman came by. And it really is - he's always bringing me the most wonderful things. Either things from friends, or things I've ordered - and who doesn't love to open a package? :) I sure love what the mailman brought you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet surprises for a sweet Lady!
    Thank you for sharing so much with us... glad you like the button & apron~
    Hope you have a wonderful week!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Donna, awww what sweet and wonderful surprises they all are indeed! Don't you just love when your mailman brings goodies from your friends! Hope you have a lovely day!
    Hugs...
    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna