August 24, 2010

Dreaming Of Martinique...

I finished a project today, but because it's a gift, I can't show it to you quite yet. I'm sure you do what I do when you're in between projects, or have just finished one and are too scattered to start another. We dream on our stash! Today, I'm dreaming of Martinique. Beautiful fabrics reminiscent of a romantic Caribbean island. Cool ocean breezes, coral reefs and fragrant blossoms.
I can dream on this collection, assembled for the applique' quilt I'll be finishing soon, with all of its soft and feminine colors, or perhaps...
those French General fabrics I've been contemplating for a table runner for our antique oak table?
I always return to these soft colors...restful, quiet, subtle...they all speak to me, each with their own voices. Calming my mind. Focusing my thoughts. Preparing me to start anew with a sense of purpose. Excited for a fresh start. Where will I go next? Where will you go next?
Don't forget to enter the Vanilla Extract Giveaway if you haven't yet. You can read the tutorial and, just by leaving a comment, be entered for the bottle I made in the tutorial. The giveaway button is near the top of my left sidebar. Good luck, Girlfriends!

16 comments:

  1. I always love your fabric selections ....cannot wait to see them all sewn up pretty too...

    have a good week
    DeeDee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm....those fabrics are so pretty. I could dream on each of those collections. Can't wait to see what you've made.

    ooxx's...Tracy :)

    Hey we actually had a really breezy cloudy afternoon and a rain storm. I could almost dream of fall

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty but when I dream of Martinique its the island!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous fabrics - I think I am dreaming now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna,

    I knew you could relate with how I feel about creating...
    So many beautiful fabric selections nowadays...
    I have difficulty choosing.
    Your blog looks lovely.

    Jill at Calico Petals and Bittersweet ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well darn, I was dreaming of Martinique and thought you'd take me along with ya...if not to carry your bags at least in pictures and blogging LOL.
    I love your fabric choices too.
    (())

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your stash... yours is so light and airy.. I am in No. Ohio and my stash runs to darker, primitive colors... so nice to see the other side of the spectrum.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love all those fabrics Donna, but Martinque and the French General fabrics have to be my favorites. I'm too afraid to cut mine - I just love looking at them in their tied bundle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a whole bunch of fun!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful fabrics-what a lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh such lush fabrics. I can almost "pet" them from here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your fabrics are always gorgeous. Love the combination and colors that you choose. Martinique sounds wonderful, whether it's a color combo or the real thing, ooohhh just wonderful!
    xo,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just touching fabric and folding it into pretty little piles makes my entire day. Visions of wonderful creations do dance in my head!
    xx, shell and sugie bunny

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your fabrics are so pretty and I would have a hard time deciding what I wanted to do next. Each bundle is so pretty. I will be waiting to see what you do next. It will be interesting that much I am sure. Have a great day. Your Missouri Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love your fabric stash! Can't wait to see all the beautiful things you will make.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the beauty on your blog. It
    encourages me to do more!....and there is always a coffee awaiting you at my place in New Zealand when you are passing through, thanks Donna.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna