August 21, 2010

Summer Morning...

How beautiful the morning,
When summer days are long;
O, we will rise betimes and hear
the wild-bird's happy song -
For when the sun pours down his ray
The bird will cease to sing;
She'll seek the cool and silent shade,
and sit with folded wing.

Up in the morning early -
'Tis Nature's gayest hour!
There's pearls of dew upon the grass
And fragrance on the flower.
Up in the morning early,
And we will bound abroad,
And fill our hearts with melody,
and raise our songs to God.

-Summer Morning by Sarah Josepha Hale (1788-1879)


Don't forget to click on my Vanilla Extract Giveaway button if you haven't signed up yet! (You'll find it near the top of my left sidebar. Good Luck!

5 comments:

  1. I want to thank you sooooo much for becoming a follower over at my blog. I had to come over and say hello........... your blog is so lovely! Loved the fabrics in the photo below.....I like red, in case you didn't know. Smile!
    Blessings to your day...... I will be over again!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo beautiful, Donna. Thank you for sharing such lovely words with us today.

    Blessings...

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous, Donna!
    Soothing and lovely. :-)

    Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna, what a lovely post this is! Hope you have a beautiful day.
    Hugs...
    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna