January 26, 2010

Scarf Love...

All those scarves I made over the holidays to present as gifts, and all the scarves I created last year...Can you tell I love making them? I love wearing them, too!
I saw my friend, Krisann last night when the yarnies all gathered at Books-A-Million. She hadn't been there for a while because she's been attending evening classes to become a certified massage therapist. (Congrats on your recent certification, KA!) It was so nice seeing her again, and she surprised me with a belated birthday gift. Inside her wrapped package was this lovely, soft pink scarf...FOR ME!!!

Remember, that I love drawing out my Birthday celebrations as long as possible. Thanks to my girlfriend, my last celebration lasted 53 days! A new record has been established!

My new scarf features a modified pineapple design, and she said it's called the small strawberry. Delicious! I wore it all night, and the rest of the gals loved it as much as I did. Thank you, Krisann, for this lovely scarf from your own, talented hands. It's my newest treasure!
I have to share this great new scarf book with you, too! Ocean Breezes by Sheryl Thies. It's chock-full of beautiful scarves with designs inspired by the sea. I have a favorite already, and can't wait to work on this design...
Starfish motifs embellish the center of this scarf. Isn't it pretty? I'm imagining an organic cotton yarn in a soft, natural sand color. Ok, I know...add it to the list, right? Right! I can't help it. It's officially "Scarf Love".
JoySignatureBROWNSM

5 comments:

  1. What a pretty pink scarf. I made several scarves last year for others, but have yet to make one for myself. Add that to my to-do list. :)

    The knit scarves are gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so, so talented! And a lot more patient than I am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ocean Breezes has been on my wish list forever! I guess I'll have to break down and move it into my basket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty scarf. I'm going to take a lesson from you and see if I can extend my birthday for that many days! I love a long celebration!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your scraf is beautiful. I still enjoy the handmade things, not only because of how pretty they are, but the love that went into making them. take care

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna