October 26, 2022

Winter Song, Done and Delivered!...


I completed the last stitch to attach a hanging sleeve on Winter Song at 2 pm on Monday afternoon. I made sure it was clean, pressed and show ready - along with my entry forms - and packaged it for the trip to Larsen, WI and Primitive Gatherings. It will hang in their Red & White Quilt show for the months of November and December. I'll get it back in the new year.


When I took it into the shop, my quilt was visible through the cellophane envelope (which was serendipitously the perfect size for the quilt to lay flat). I handed it to the the clerk who immediately took it to some of the ladies who work in the shipping area of the shop. They asked me all kinds of questions about my techniques, and then "oooo'd and aaahhhhh'd", which of course, I lapped up like crazy. (Yes, ladies. That's the effect I was hoping for.) I smiled as I thanked them and then I went back to go home with my waiting husband. 


This is the label I printed from a photograph of my embroidery. It's on printable silk. I made a border from the same fabric as the backing and attached it to my quilt. Rules for entering in this show required my address on the label, which I've obscured above for obvious reasons. As much as I know information is available on the internet, I like to think I'm maintaining a modicum of privacy.

I know this show is going to be incredible, because I know a lot of talented and creative quilters who will be entering their pieces, too. I can't wait to make the trip back once the show is hung. If you're in Wisconsin, or willing to make the trip to a great quilt shop, it's going to be worth the travel. I'll share more about the show in an upcoming post. I'll also put a link into my sidebar in the next day or so.


I took this photo of both of my bird-themed quilts right before I packaged up Winter Song. They won't be together again for a couple of months, by I'm looking forward to hanging these - and eventually two more - once my red birds come back home.

Needless to say, yesterday was a day of rest. My next surgery is tomorrow, so I'll do a few tasks today and go to bed early. We have to be at the surgery center early in the morning, and on a good day it's an hour and a half away. I'll also right a couple of posts to carry me through recovery, and I'll be back in person soon after. Thanks again for prayers. I know they're heard and answered. 

12 comments:

  1. Both of your bird quilts are amazing! Prayers for your surgery and quick recovery. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so gorgeous.
    Good luck with your enter in the show!
    Paryers for a safe surgery & recovery.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marilyn. I'll sure be glad when this is all over.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Lovely to see both projects together! Now I'm wondering what birds will be the next ones in the series.
    Will be thinking about you tomorrow and prayers, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Bluebirds will be next. "Summer Symphony". Thanks for the good wishes, too.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Can't say it enough.... just beautiful!! Do you have ideas for the next bird quilt dancing around in your head already? Continued prayers for a successful surgery and recovery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      Thank you! I certainly do! Bluebirds will be next. We have them on our property from spring to early fall. Thanks for the good wishes, too.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Sherry of createology: Donna this is a show stopper for certain. Your Work of HeArt is sew exemplary. Well done dear. Prayers for your surgery to have excellent results and Healing Energy for your swift and complete recovery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Sherry:
      I did love creating another bird piece, and I'm already thinking ahead on the next one. Thank you for the good wishes for my surgery. I've written posts to cover a couple days while I rest. I'll be back in person on the weekend.
      Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna