October 12, 2022

Shadow Play...


I may end up unstitching this, but I'm not sure yet. I'll keep going to see if I'm happy with the results. You can see that I laid down two lines of chain stitch in the darker brown as a base for the branch. I did that for two reasons. One is that those stitches will cover all the fabric on the branch, and the other is that it raises the rest of the stitching up to give it contour.

I always enjoy looking at my needlework after I photograph it, because I notice things I may not have seen in the hoop. One interesting thing about this branch so far, is that I stitched the lightest color for the bottom half (or so) of the branch. Then I went back and did the grey color on the top of the branch. Finally, I added a light brownish in spots for a little depth. Looking at the photograph, it looks like I added a darker color on the bottom of the branch. That's just shadow caused by the contour. I love that it helps show that the stitching is raised.

I'm going to be out of commission today. By the time you read this, I'll likely be drooling in an operatory. I'm planning to stitch during my recuperation, but probably not today. Wish me luck - or if you say prayers, I'd appreciate that. I'm preposting for tomorrow, but I'll be back as soon as I can. xoxo

12 comments:

  1. I think it look so beautiful & real.
    Prayers for your surgery & recovery.
    Take care.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for your surgery today. Take care of yourself during your recuperation. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for a successful surgery and recovery! Hope your recuperation is restful, and yet, strangely productive as you stitch the time away (-; Eager to see the finished piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am thinking of you today and hoping for a most successful surgery and a very speedy and uneventful recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherry of createology: Thinking of you dear and lifting prayers for your complete recovery. Your branch stitchery is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will be saying a prayer that your surgery goes well and you will have a quick recovery. Bush

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna