October 20, 2022

A Few More Decisions...

I've assembled the inner borders and half square triangles, so I'm well on my way to completing this wall quilt. Then I have a few more decisions to make.

Once I have the final outer borders on, I'm going to embroider small branch segments and berries in the corners of the main piece, and also in the music fabric squares in the triangle borders.

A - Red Outer Border    B - Berry and Red Borders

Now, I need to decide on the outer border(s). These are my two choices: A is on the left...a simple red outer border. B, on the right...a narrow berry border, with the red outer border. I'm leaning toward B. What do you think? I'm also going to go with a red binding, which would be the same as the outer border, and they'd overlap.

So, this is what I'll be doing today...adding the outer borders, and then embroidering the corners. I'm saving the quilting for Friday. I'd better get to it, so I can stay on schedule! Coffee and breakfast, and then off to the studio. See you tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. I like A, but it's your choice!
    This is so pretty.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dear Marilyn:
      Weather is supposed to warm up! Enjoy the weekend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Perfect choice with the berry fabric! As for borders, I'm going to stick my neck out and vote for B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I thought it was most suitable. I always think I have too much fabric, until I need just the right touch for a piece. lol (I like B, too)
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. B is my choice ~~ will dance more! Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dear Bonnie:
      I think it does a better job of separating the half square triangles, perhaps? I appreciate the input.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna