October 19, 2022

A Perfect Studio Day...

 


I woke up Monday morning to SNOW! Noooooooo! Autumn is my very favorite time of year, and it seems we only had about three weeks of it. Where can I lodge a complaint? 

I went outside to make sure my girls were toasty warm in the current porch digs (you wouldn't believe what I've had rigged for them since late summer), and they were. Even so, I fortified it a bit, as I'm on restricted duty right now. The special heat reflecting beds I ordered for them arrived just in time, so I augmented their sleeping arrangements for now. Although it blew out of the west all day and wasn't conducive to a full move to the Compass Barn, it's supposed to warm up later this week, and I'll get that accomplished them (with a little help).

At any rate, it was a perfect day to work in the studio. I spent the entire day making half-square triangles for my Winter Song project. I used triangle paper because these blocks are 1-1/2" square when they're finished. The papers help keep things aligned and consistent. But, once they're all sewn, I have to cut, trim and removed all the papers. Lots of little shnibbles at the end. lol

I'll be back in the studio today as I work toward completing my wall hanging. I'll share more photos soon.
In the meantime, could someone please get some meds for Mother Nature? I think she could use some about now. She needs to settle down and enjoy a little more autumn before she puts on her white dress!

10 comments:

  1. You are so good to those kitties!
    I can't wait to see the wallhanging.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      The girls are both situated in the Compass Barn now. Handsome helped me by getting all their "bed" components into the potting shed section that's now fairly wind and weather proofed. I checked on them this evening, and they're happy happy. Spoiled brats. lol Another peek at the wall hanging tomorrow.
      Thanks, hon.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. You are so kind to care for all animals as you do. I know they are grateful. Anxious to see your completed Winter Song. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonnie:
      I really love those independent girls. They seemed happy to be back in the shelter of the barn, and I know I'll sleep better, too, knowing they're not on the porch where the wind and rain could reach their bed. Even though it was covered with canvas (which it still is), I feel better knowing they're safely behind protective walls again. I'm working diligently to complete my project. More photos tomorrow!
      Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Mother Nature has PMS, no doubt about it. Stay warm and cozy in your studio (but...and you know what I'm going to say....don't overdo it!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      It's crazy! Weather in the 30s and 40s, and next weekend it's supposed to be in the 70s again! I have no idea how to dress these days! I'm being careful not to overdo. I want to completely heal from this last surgery duo and be done with doctors, clinics and hospitals for the rest of the winter (and beyond!). Thanks again, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: It is too early for snow! At least the girls are warm and cuddly thanks to You! Your Winter Song is coming along beautifully. I cannot imagine all those little half square triangles…even with paper. Stay safe and continue to recover dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry, dear.
      I agree.I really want more sunshine and fall colors. Looks like I may get my wish, too, as it's supposed to get into the 70s on the weekend. Thank you for your kind words about Winter Song. The half square triangles finish to 1-1/2" square. They're not as small as some, but these are the smallest I've done with a machine. I needed 44 of them, and actually have leftovers. Perhaps I'll make some cute project bags with the leftovers? I'm taking it easy. You know me well enough to know I'm not very good at that. I'm trying to be on my best behavior. Thanks again!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Donna I agree about those meds for mother nature. We had a bit of that white stuff last evening too. Hopefully by Friday we will return to autumn again. Sounds like you had such a lovely and productive day in your studio. Take care and have a great end to your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie:
      It was cold and blustery today, but at least the sun was out. I had a fleece vest on under my fleece jacket as we moved the barn girls off the porch and back to the barn for the winter. Now I see it's supposed to be in the 70s this weekend, and for a few more days. I'm not complaining at all, but seriously? We're back to not knowing how to dress for the day each morning. sheesh! It was a good day in the studio today, too. I'll likely be here the rest of this week, as I really want to finish this project by Saturday morning. Fingers crossed. Wish me luck!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna