October 13, 2022

Canning Goals...


It's not wise to compare yourself to others. Instead, be the best you you can be. 

I follow this channel (Gooseberry Bridge Farm) on Instagram, and she recently shared her canning efforts from this growing season. I was impressed!

I grew jalapeño peppers this summer, but they never got really big. I harvested the last of them a couple days ago, and canned four beautiful half-pint jars of Cowboy Candy for the pantry.

My goal is to have a bona fide garden next growing season, and to have most of the items in our pantry be jars that I've canned or preserved myself (or with a little help). I want to be buying less and less at the grocery store, and shopping from our own shelves instead. So, I wanted to share this image, and keep it as inspiration for me for next year...even as I continue to put up items over the winter. I'll be sure to show you, as I go along.

I'm resting today, but will try to put up a fresh post tomorrow. Don't fret if you don't see a new post. I'll just be taking it easy, but I'll be back asap.

6 comments:

  1. Love all those jars, so awesome!
    Get some rest today, I hope you feel better soon.
    I'm sure Tag will by right by your side. :)
    Take care.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I just love seeing all that bounty! I'm taking lots of naps and resting up. Handsome is making sure of it! Tag isn't far away, along with the girls. I've got lots of nurses. Thank you, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. That's a great goal! Wish I could join you.
    Take care of you - don't worry about us, we'll be fine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      That would surely be fun! I'm taking it very easy these days. Incisions are tender, so I have extra "incentive". Thanks so much, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: Rest and focus on your healing dear. You will have lots of time to plan your garden and canning projects for next year. Be well my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Thanks so much. I'm looking forward to drawing up planting plants and layouts this winter. I'm hoping for a real, true garden next year. I'm behaving for now, so I heal up well. Thanks again.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna