October 5, 2022

Knitting At Night...


This is one of my earlier baby kimono projects, but I wanted you to see what I'm working on after the sun goes down.

Remember last October when my girlfriend's daughter, Danielle got married? Well, she and her husband, Josh are expecting a new baby in December (very close to my Birthday!). I'm invited to their baby shower the end of this month, so I decided to make a baby kimono for the wee one.

I may line the one I'm working on with flannel this time. I'll decide after I finish the knitting. It's a perfect project for evenings, as I'm more comfortable working on the cardinals during the daylight hours. That project is coming along nicely, too. I'll share photos of that tomorrow.

I want to thank you if you've left a comment on any of my most recent posts while I was away. I'll catch up with responses in the next day or so. I love reading what you have to say to me after each posts, so thanks for each one. Thanks so much!

10 comments:

  1. That is such a cute outfit!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Thanks so much. I need to finish it for an October 30th baby shower. I'd better get cracking!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. I love the look of knitted items. Wish I were a better knitter. Your stitches are perfect! Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Bonnie:
      Wish you lived closer. We could sit and knit together!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Such a sweet pattern! Like you I prefer to knit (or crochet) in the evenings when the light isn't as good. I swore I would NEVER be one of those people that had more than one knitting project on the go at any given time. Yes, and we all know how that went!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I think the only other yarn project I have going right now is the ongoing crocheted popcorn garlands I started last Christmas. I'll work on those this winter. Handsome will be back in Florida making music, so I'll have plenty of time on my hands.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Donna, that outfit for the baby is adorable!! I especially love the little hat that goes with the kimono!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sherri:
      I'm going to have to find that hat pattern again (or perhaps I just "winged" that one. lol) Wish I could remember. I'll have to check my project diaries to see if I wrote that one down. sigh
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Sherry of createology: This tiny knitted baby kimono is just precious. It will make a most welcome and wonderful gift for the expectant couple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      I'm thinking of lining the kimono with a baby soft flannel this time. I'll decide after all the knitting is done. Danielle appreciates handmade, so I love creating for her and Josh's baby.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna