October 28, 2022

Birds On The Brain (Already)...

 


A few of you asked what I might be planning for my next bird embroidery, so I thought I let you all know. I've already decided the next one with be bluebirds, and called "Summer Symphony". Just for fun, I thought I'd look for a few images for inspiration. 

The first images that came up in my search were painted by one of my favorite artists, Marjolein Bastin. I've loved her work for years, and I think her bluebirds are perfection.


Now all I have to consider is what type of image I'd like to stitch...a pair of birds (as I did with my cardinals), or another young family (as I did with the robins). I really love this adult feeding three wee birds. Both parents feed the offspring, so I could also add the other parent coming in for a landing with more food. 

I'm not going to start the bluebirds right away - holidays coming soon, you know - so I'll have time to mull over my options. I think this might be my first project for the new year, because everyone should have a bluebird to bring a smile to their face. 

9 comments:

  1. I also love Marjolein's designs, so very realistic.
    Whatever you pick will be do pretty, I'm sure of it!
    Hope you are doing well.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Aren't they sweet? I'm doing much better today, but still taking it easy to be extra cautious.
      Thank you, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. I can see why she is a favorite artist - she captured these "snapshots" of bluebird life wonderfully! Will certainly look forward to seeing what you do with the bluebirds - decisions, decisions - so much beauty to choose from...but, I know it will be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lois:
      I love her point of view. So sweet. I won't be starting it right away, but am looking forward to this one. Thank you!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Marjolein is one of my very favourites too. Have you seen the work by Annemieke Mein? She works in textiles and embroidery - incredible artist.
    As for the bluebird inspiration - I love the one with the babies!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I hadn't seen Annemieke's work before, so I looked her up. I can see why you like her, as I do now, too! I'm looking forward to exploring more of her work. (I love the one with the babies, too!)
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. If you can, try to get a copy of her book 'The Art of Annemieke Mein' from the library. It's amazing! I own a copy and look at it regularly.

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: How divine to think of Bluebirds as they bring happy smiles to us all. I adore the Momma feeding her young. Marjolein Bastin is one of my favorite artists also. Praying for your recovery dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      I delight every spring when the bluebirds return to the farm. I'm partial to the mama and babies, too. Thank you for your kind wishes, dear. I'm much better today (Sunday evening).
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna