October 3, 2022

Change of Plans…

 


Another “flexible” weekend, as my dear friend, Julie and her husband, Dan decided they wanted to make Trevor their forever boy. They live in Minnesota, as does my sister, Di, so it was decided I’d drive Trevor up to her house, have Julie and Dan meet up with us there, and get in a little sister time. as a bonus. 

We arrived at my sister’s Friday evening and got Trevor situated with his crate in the guest room, and with only a little excitement from one of Di’s cats, had an otherwise uneventful night. No harm. No foul. 

We got up early Saturday morning and I explained to Trevor that I love him very much, and chose a perfect family for him. I freely admit I was emotional all day. I’ve come to adore this sweet boy.


After a short visit, I went to the guest room and brought Trevor out to meet his new family. I’m quite certain it was love at first sight. He was happy to meet new people, and immediately said hi to both Julie and Dan. They have a 17 year old cat at home named Dodger, who I’m sure will soon give his stamp of approval. 

Julie asked me if I’d like to be Trevor’s Aunty and pray for his successful adjustment. I loved that and said “yes”. I managed to get this picture of them before they drove away. Then I went back in the house and cried. 

In just a short time, I’d fallen head over heels for this boy. The thing is, he wouldn’t be able to live in our home because of our dogs, and he was done being a wild boy. He loves the warmth and security of living indoors. So, I loved him enough to let him go. Thankfully, Julie will send me pictures and give me progress reports as they all adjust to having a new family member. 

So far, he’s fitting right in. He has his own room where he can hang out until Dodger accepts him. Then, he’ll also have the run of the house. Dodger already seems to be warming up to him. That little boy knows how to wrap everybody around his paw, and I’m so glad for it. It will make this process go much easier for him. 

I’m driving the four and a half hours home today without the companion who rode shotgun to get here. It will be a bittersweet trip, but I know I’ve done the right thing. He’s going to have a wonderful life, thanks to my friends, and I’m grateful for that. 

I’m going to rest when I get home and stitch later. 
Tag will be to back tomorrow. 

In Gratitude,
Donna

10 comments:

  1. Although sad, but also a happy time.
    I'm glad Trevor is in a great home.
    He will be loved.
    He is such a special boy, how could someone let him go?
    Take care, you did the right thing.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Marilyn:
      Now, a week later, I'm still sad that he's not here, but so very happy that he's been blessed with a wonderful new place to live. Julie has sent updates, so I can see that he's fitting right in and is happy. He may have been a barn cat somewhere else, or a drop off, but no one came forward and I didn't want him trying to survive outdoors. He deserves better. Thanks for the affirmation. It really helps me feel better.
      Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Trevor has found his loving forever home and you helped make that happen. That’s a good thing! 😇 Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Bonnie:
      Thanks for leaving a note, and for the affirmation that I did my best for him. It really helps when I'm missing him.
      Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. I know you're sad, but you did a wonderful thing in getting him to a good home where he'll be loved and taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear MA:
      I'm still sad he's not here to cuddle, but I remind myself that he's warm, safe and loved, and that really helps. Julie and Dan love him as much as I do. How could they not?
      Thank you for your kind words.
      Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Aww, Donna, you are the sweetest! Trevor was very fortunate to find his way to your wonderful home, and then to his forever home where he can continue to be sheltered and loved! He's one blessed kitty. (-;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lois:
      Thank you so much for your kind words. I miss the little bug, but it helps knowing that he landed where he did. They love him, too, and he'll have a great home with them.
      Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. I am so glad that Trevor has a wonderful new home! By the way, I had created a new blog but it was too complicated. So I am going to keep the one I have been using. Hope to see you there! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sherri:
      Thanks so much for your kind words. Great to hear your back to your blog. Of course, you can expect me to drop by!
      Hugs to you!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna