October 6, 2022

So Few Hours In A Day…


This is what I’ve accomplished so far on my female cardinal. I actually giggle a little while I’m stitching because I know she’s going to have a little “pottabelly” when I’m finished with her. That just tickles me to no end. 

I have a list for tasks I’m trying to get to before my surgery next Tuesday. One was to get a few more canning projects done. Yes. I’m still playing with my pressure canner. I did beef and venison roasts today. The venison was a tasty gift. Now that it’s canned with onions, I can easily turn it into a meat pie, or a topping for a brown and wild rice side dish. Likewise, the beef was seasoned prior to processing, so it’s already infused with flavor. 

I have delicata squash and cowboy candy (sweet jalapeño peppers) yet to do, and then I’m finished for now (I think). I’m planning to stitch today and do the canning over the weekend. 

The weather has been warm and sunny the past few days.The air is crisp at night, so we know these days will soon give way to the inevitable winter. For now, I’m going to savor autumn…my very favorite season. The trees are changing color, hickory nuts litter the ground, and there’s no chill a warm sweater or wool blanket can’t take care of. It’s truly my favorite time of year. I’m going to grab my morning coffee and enjoy it on the porch. Then I’ll decide what’s next. See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. The Cardinals are so gorgeous & real-looking.
    We've had some very nice days here also.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This time of year there seems to be so much to do. Interesting that you canned meat - another thing I'm not sure I would do. Can't, even if I wanted to, because we don't have a cool place to store it. Yesterday we made green tomato relish to use up the last of the tomatoes from our balcony though. Enjoy your autumn weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry of createology: You are always so very on task. I don’t even think of so many things to do, let alone do them. Mrs. Cardinal is lovely. Happy Autumn weekend dear.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna