August 23, 2022

Tuesdays With Tag - (This) Dog Was Her Co-Pilot...

Hi, Everybody!

I know. Don't remind me. Two weeks in a row with a picture of this spoiled feline. There's a reason for it, though. This is how Claudette spends most of her days at the farmhouse. Just lazin' around and enjoyin' the fine weather we've had lately. You can see Crystal lyin' in front of the pillar on the other side of the barrier Mom puts up to keep us from eatin' cat food. heehee

Last week, I got to spend an entire day with Mom as she drove around the state. It was awesome! Of course, she forgot to take pictures of me, but I don't mind. We had a blast! (That's why I'm usin' this picture of the stoopid cats.)

First we drove to her brother's house. He lives up near Primitive Gatherin's, so we were about and hour and a half from home. We hung out there for a little bit, and then she stopped at the Fleet Farm close to his house. At first she left me in the car. I watched as she walked to the store, and then she stopped, turned around and came back. She asked me if I wanted to go in with her. Well, heck yeah!

She snapped the lead onto my Freddie Mercury harness (not really, but that's what Dad calls it), and I trotted - proud as you please - into the store. When we got to the automatic doors, I saw a sign that said "Dogs Welcome". Isn't that cool? Mom lifted me up into a cart and away we went. Everybody thought I was "so cute", and a young boy even came over and asked if he could pet me. Of course he could! I even stood up on the edge of the cart to make it easier for him (and his mom) to say "hi" to me. It was worth the trip in just to see their smilin' faces.

After we left there, we headed back toward home. Mom took a short detour so we could stop at the quilt store to pick up backin' fabric for that quilt she's been workin' on. She wasn't long, and before I could even catch a couple winks, we were movin' south again.

When we got back to Fond du Lac, Mom grabbed a little fast food for us. She ate her part, and then shared a few schnibbles with me. I mean, could an outin' be any more fun than that? I don't think so! 

Last stop was at this really cool garden plot that this lady owns. She sells all kinds of veggies, and Mom bought a box of tomatoes from her. The car smelled like 'em the whole way home. It was awesome, and I don't even like tomatoes!

I wish I had lots of pictures to share with you, but really, just take my word for it that we had a great time, and I can't wait to do it again. I'm pretty sure it won't be long before I can sit in the navigator's seat next to my favorite pilot. No cats allowed!

I'll see you again in seven. 'til then... 
"Been There, Chewed That!"

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty perfect day to me Tag. I'm sure Mom was glad to have the company too and good that you managed to get some special skritches too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss MA:
      That's the truth! She chirped at me the whole time she was drivin'. I had to take a nap just to catch a break. lol
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a fantastic time with Mom, Tag!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Marilyn:
      It sure was. I hope we can do it again soon. I like gettin' out from time to time (without the girls). Bein' the center of attention is just what I need.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna