August 10, 2022

My Next Project...


Do you remember the "Song of Spring" wall hanging quilt I embroidered a few years ago?
If you need a reminder, I have a closeup of it in my right sidebar. It's the robin with a nest of babies.
(Over there ------>)
I said I'd be sharing ideas for my next embroidery project.

 

I'm contemplating a companion piece for "Song of Spring" stitching cardinals as the focal point.


When I did the robins, I downloaded a pile of photographs from the internet to get details of the birds.


I love all these different poses, and will likely use a composite of one or two together.


What do you think? Do you have a favorite pose from these images?


I think I'll start on this over the weekend. I'll begin by drawing up a design and 
choosing colors
I may tone the red down ever so slightly. I'd love to know what you think?

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow - this is going to be spectacular! Cardinals are incredible anyway and now I'm anxious to see what you do. You asked about favourite pose - I like the background of the snow-laden berries (photo2) but prefer the cardinal in photo 4.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maggie:
      I sure hope so. (I'm going to enter it into a competition in October, so I'd better get cracking, right?) I love the cardinals that visit our property. Their calls and that brilliant red. There's really nothing like it! I'm drawn to photo #4, too. Thanks for the input.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. That is going to be so very pretty!
    We love the Cardinals we have here.
    Sometimes you can see Papa feeding Mama seeds, so very special.
    I like #4.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      They're pretty wonderful, aren't they? I like photo #4, too. I'll likely be doing that one for my piece. Thanks so much for your vote!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. I have always LOVED and admired that stitchery/quilt of the Momma Robin and her babies from the first time you shared it! It is so beautiful and amazingly well done! (But, how on earth can it be several years since you did that?!?!) Now, I am excited to see what you will do with the cardinals! I know it will be equally amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      I looked up the date on my photos of the completed project to be sure of the date. I completed it April 13, 2019. I know. Time flies, right?! That piece hangs in my studio, but I think once I finish the cardinals, they'll hang together in our bedroom. Thanks so much, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: Donna this will be a wonderful companion block to the Robin with babies. I really like the 4th photo from the top, however I would like them to have the pine and red berries of the 2nd photo too. I know you will create a spectacular block.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Thanks for the input. I was thinking that I'd put holly and berries in the corners (like I placed leaves in the Song of Spring). I'm looking forward to starting this one. I appreciate the vote of confidence.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna