August 4, 2022

Sewcial Sisters...

I had a great time yesterday with the Sewcial Sisters at Primitive Gatherings. I took lots of photos to share, too! 

This is Mary Ann with her version of the Everlasting quilt. This is a Primitive Gatherings pattern for anyone interested. The custom quilting on this piece was wonderful.


Karen also had her finished Everlasting quilt with her. It was quilted by the same longarm quilter. Karen customized her center, too. She also omitted the outside border because it would have been too large for where she wants to hang it.


Lori shared her finished quilt. Lori frequently hand quilts her pieces, but this one was quilted with an overall Baptist fan pattern. I love its simplicity. 


Kathy D has been a busy beaver, too! She does all her own longarm quilting, and this is just one magnificent example. This is actually a quilt panel. She concentrated on different quilt patterns to complete it. We all thought it was wonderful.


Kathy also finished this fun string quilt, and chose a really interesting placement for the blocks to create this pattern.


She also shared the blocks from a block of the week project she's been working on. The blocks were each designed by a different designer or shop owner. So many baskets, and so many flowers. (Lisa Bongean's design is the blue hydrangeas in the upper left corner.

Kathy also shared two cross stitch pieces she finished. This is one of them. I think she was thinking about finishing this one as a pillow.


When it came around to my turn, I shared my Everlasting quilt top. I took it along to finish the embroideries. I worked on bees all day, and shortly after I got back home, I stitched the last three bees.


It's finished! Well, except for the longarm quilting and binding, but all the bees are done, and now it's ready to be layered up and bound. I'm planning to send it off to the same longarmer who did Mary Ann and Karen's quilts. I wonder how she'll feel about having to quilt a third one?

I haven't go anything on the shedule except mailing out some orders today. I think I'll take the rest of the day off.

8 comments:

  1. All of the quilts, including yours are so, so beautiful.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Your finished top is beautiful - I love the bees! I think the longarm quilter might have fun observing all the unique touches each lady put into their Everlasting quilt tops - no two are the exactly the same. Lovely creativity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      Thank you so much. I really wanted mine to "bee" different. I agree. I bet the longarm quilter enjoys seeing the different interpretations.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. So many lovely projects! Very fun to see the different interpretations of the same basic pattern. I think you do need a day of rest today so put your feet up and relax.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear MA. The day of rest was needed and helped a lot.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: Late as usual to the party. I love what you sewcial sisters accomplish. Lovely and very intricate quilts. You look radiant with your gorgeous quilt top. The wee bees are the perfect finish to the lavender bunch corners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, dear. I'm always glad to visit with you when you have time. I'm glad you like the bees. I loved making them, and think I'll take a rest from bullion knots for a bit. lol
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna