August 30, 2022

Tuesdays With Tag - It Wasn't Funny...


 Hi, Everybody!

I hope your week is off to a better start than ours!

Mom was takin' a rest after cannin' twenty pounds of tomatoes yesterday when Dad said, "What say we take the dogs out for a little sunshine?" Mom said, "Sure", and we all headed outside. It started out fun enough.

I was walkin' with Mom on my leash (oh, yay), while Boo and The Kid trotted around the yard. Then, as always Carly decided it was time to run. Now, when she runs, we laugh and call her the Meth Lab. She's all flyin' ears and legs as she kicks into high gear and runs around all the buildings, jumps through the grass like a kangaroo, and then does a lap around a huge pine tree that stands sentry in our upper yard.

Dad was standin' in the tall grass with Bella (and his back to Mom). Mom and I were standin' a leash-length apart in the short grass behind Dad. Mom had my leash looped around her wrist in case I tried to make a break for it (but she didn't know I wasn't in the mood). The Kid was on her second or third lap through the tall grass, but we were lookin' back toward the house, so we didn't see her comin'.

As she came out of the grass at full tilt, she caught my extended leash across her chest, but she never broke stride. Instead, the effect of her force on the leash caught Mom and nearly yanked her arm out of the socket. Mom went down like a rock and held her arm while she writhed in pain. Dad turned around so fast to see what happened, and he fell down in the tall grass. Carly came back to see what was goin' on, while Bella and I stood there dumbfounded. Mom started to cry and then we saw that Dad's arm was bleedin' from his fall. Thankfully, it wasn't serious, and a clean bandage took care of that. He was lucky to fall in the tall grass, 'cuz it made for a soft landin'.

He took the girls back to the house, while I sat and looked around wonderin' what the heck just happened. Mom stayed sittin' on the ground holdin' her arm. Of course, she took a picture of me with her head shadowed on my back as we waited for Dad to come back (a die-hard blogger to the end).

Once he came back up the yard, he took my leash (and stood on it to keep me close), and then helped her get up. She was pretty rattled and sore, but they determined there was no damage. I think she now has one arm longer than the other, but what do I know? She took two headache pills and decided to sit and feel sorry for herself for a while.

So, I'm sure if anyone saw this whole thing goin' down, it would have looked like some kind of cartoon. Unless Miss Shelly was watchin', I think my description is the only evidence. If it's not one thing around here, it's another.

We had another cat show up over the weekend, and the girls aren't happy at all. It's been back three nights in a row, meowin' and lookin' for food while the girls fluff up and growl at it. Just what we need...not! We'll just have to see how long that lasts. In the meantime, I'm gonna stick close to Mom and make sure she's okay. I mean, Dad feeds me, but Mom's my emotional support companion. I guess I might have to return the favor for a while.

I'll see you again in seven. 'til then... 
"Been There, Chewed That!"

12 comments:

  1. Oh no!
    I hope Mom's arm is ok.
    Please take good care of her Tag.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Marilyn:
      She's still sore, but gettin' better. I'll do my best to help her.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! I hope Mom is feeling better today. I suppose one of those short video clips would think it was funny but not when it means pain is involved. You'd better remind Mom that keeping you on a short leash close to her side might be safer. Take care of her (and Dad)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss MA:
      She is, thanks. I'm tellin' you, they looked like the Flyin' Wallendas, but not nearly as graceful. snort. I'm not tellin' her any such thing. That leash isn't nearly long enough for my taste, but I know what you're sayin'. She'll be keepin' a closer watch on The Kid when we're all out together from now on! They can count on me!
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  3. Sorry you both had a tumble but thankfully no broken bones. Hoping you’re both feeling better today. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Bonnie:
      Mostly her pride is hurt today. Although I did feel bad when she was cryin'. I don't like it when she cries. Good thing it doesn't happen very often.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: This is not even an April’s Fool Joke! Thankfully everyone is fine. Tag you are a wonderful support for Mom and Dad is so good to feed you. No more scary antics I hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Sherry:
      That's the truth. You can't make this stuff up, either. We're all takin' care of each other, and as long as they can still feed me I'm happy. We just have to watch out for that Black Streak when she's on the move. A little defensive walkin' is in order from now on!
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  5. Well mom and dad, glad it wasn’t worse, but that’s pretty bad! Tag, you take care of momma especially!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      It sure wasn't graceful. I'm just glad nobody had to go to the hospital. They're no spring chickens, you know. I'll be on high alert from now on. Tag to the rescue!
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  6. Glad to hear that the injuries to Mom and Dad are not life-threatening. You make sure you take care of them both Tag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Marrianne:
      Couldn't have been too terrible. She's cannin' up a storm, and still manages to take me for walkies. She's bein' a lot more careful now when The Kid's out runnin' around, though. I'm most glad that she can still lift a food dish to feed me! lol
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna