August 25, 2022

A New Beginning...

Finally! I set up the center of my next project. These will be the cardinals that will highlight my Winter Song piece when completed. I'm using the same musical ground fabric as I did for Song of Spring.

I began by stitching felt to the areas I'll be building up with my needlework as I work on my first bird. I'm embroidering the male first.


I'm using two threads of stranded cotton because I can use a thread each of two different colors to get the shading I'd like to see. I couldn't resist doing the crest right away.

Handsome's last concert in Fond du Lac for the summer season was last night. Of course, I was there. We had a band celebration to attend when it was over, so that was nice, too.

I'll get back to my needle dancing again today, so I'll be sharing updates as I get more done. I'd love to hear your feedback as I show you how it's going.

6 comments:

  1. You have a great start! I love the background fabric - so perfect for birds that have such a beautiful song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I'll have just enough of this fabric to do the other two seasons. I want them all to be stitched on the same ground fabric. It's one of my favorites, too.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. I love cardinals! I can't wait to see the finished project. I bet it is going to be so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna