August 16, 2022

Tuesdays With Tag - Sittin' On Top Of The World...

 
Hi, Everybody!

I want you to see somethin'. She looks like she hasn't got a care in the world. Well, truth be told, she really hasn't. I mean, Mom makes sure she and her daughter have all the creature comforts. 

They sleep on two wicker chairs on the front porch. Mom even foofed the chairs up with blankets! Then, there are the twice-a-day feedin's, and fresh water every day. No wonder they hang around.


But when the sun moves across the sky, headin' toward a western sunset, the light is perfect for a good, ol' catnap on the pillar. She just hangs her paws over the edge and snoozes away. (Can you see her cute, little black jelly bean paw pads? awwwww)

She'll stay there no matter who comes out onto the porch. Dogs or people don't disturb her one bit. It's kinda cute, actually. She always gets a head rub and a smooch from Mom. sigh Don't worry. I'm not jealous. Mom does that to me, too. ick!

Weather has cooled off here, and I'm pretty sure I smell a change in the air. The geese are startin' to gather, and even the sandhill cranes that occupy nearby fields are startin' to get scarce. I don't even want to think about what's nearly around the corner. We have lots to do to prepare before then. 

We'll be makin' sure there are nice, warm accommodations for the girls before the weather gets cold again. Mom will cleanin' the pottin' shed and movin' winter beds in there so we'll be ready when they're needed.

For now, we're all gonna enjoy every bit of warm sunshine we can get. Claudette is a great example of how we should take time to stop and relax a bit. I think I might be gettin' sleepy now. I'll ask Mom to let me hang out on the porch. I could get used to sunshine snoozin', too!

I'll see you again in seven. 'til then... 
"Been There, Chewed That!"

6 comments:

  1. She looks so comfy!
    Mom is such a good soul to take care of the animals.
    Have a great day Tag!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Marilyn:
      We're all fond of Mom. She's one of the good guys. Thanks for your note.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  2. Porch sitting and sleeping sounds like a pretty great life to me. Enjoy it while you can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss MA:
      I got to do just that on the porch today while Mom was pullin' weeds on the area outside the porch. It was pretty nice (for me). Mom, on the other hand, was gruntin' and sweatin' like a sailor! BAHAHAHAHA! (She's gonna kill me when she reads this!) Thanks for your note.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: Yes we do like snoozin in the warm sun. Just not getting sunburned! Claudette is such a sweet kitty and Mom gets the credit for that. Special treatments result in good loving behavior. Tag you know that first paw. Enjoyin the balance of Summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Sherry:
      I couldn't get sunburned if I tried (unless Mom shaved me, which she'd never do). My double coat helps keep me cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Best of both worlds! I'm kinda warmin' up to that stoopid cat. We can be friends as long as she doesn't keep tryin' to punch me in the face. We're all pretty lucky around here, and I think you're right about Mom. She's pretty great to all of us...especially the feedin' part.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna