August 2, 2022

Tuesdays With Tag - Movin' Me Down The Highway...

Hi, Everybody!

Things are gettin' back to normal around here (finally), and my life is as it should be. I'm King of the Road! (Do you like how I did that? By now you should be hummin' two different songs!)

Mom ran errands with me yesterday and said she needed a co-pilot...not an entourage...so that means it was just the two of us. She drove, of course. My feet don't reach the pedals, in case you were wonderin' why I was the co-pilot.


It was an awesome day for a drive. Mom put on my very butch harness, boosted me up onto the passenger seat and buckled me in for safety. For a while she had the window open, so I could see and smell our trip. Honestly, I could have spent the whole day like this.

In fact, Mom was goin' to her new friend, Cindy's house to pick up farm fresh eggs. They're so much better than store-bought. Even The Girls and I can tell the difference (when Mom shares them with us).


By the time Mom had stopped at the store for milk and butter, and then picked up the eggs at Miss Cindy's farmette, I was ready for my afternoon nap. Safe and secure in the Explorer (or Corgimobile as I like to call it), I couldn't fight the urge anymore. I decided to doze in the sunshine.

It was nice to get out an smell some other scents that just those from the farm. It's a real sensory treat for a dog to go for a ride, you know. All those random smells along the way. Then there was the added bonus of no girls to lick my face. Bliss!!!

Today is Election Day in Wisconsin. Mom isn't workin' at the polls this time, so we'll be hangin' out at the farmhouse. Mom and Dad will go and vote, and we'll hold down the fort here. I'll gonna close for now, but don't worry, I'll be back next week to give you the latest gossip news from Hickory Hill Farm.

I'll see you again in seven. 'til then... 
"Been There, Chewed That!"

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fun day with Mom, Tag.
    Glad you had fun.
    Love those Corgi ears! :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Marilyn:
      Thanks! I sure did! As for the ears...all the better to hear you with!
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  2. It's wonderful that you enjoy car rides Tag. Our Odin got car sick every single time we had to take him anywhere so he certainly didn't enjoy himself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss MA:
      Poor Odin. I can't imagine that. I only get sick in the car if I was sick before. It happened once while we lived in Florida, and once when we were drivin' home from Florida. It wasn't pretty, 'cept Mom made some AWESOME gross noises! lol She asked me not to ever do that again. bahahaha!
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
    2. We used to buy sleeping bags at the thrift store to put on the car seat and would simply throw them out after any trips. Poor Odin indeed, felt so sorry for him.

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: Tag I also love a good car ride just going along and seeing the sights…not so much smelling by me. A good nap is always best. Luckily you weren’t driving.LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Sherry:
      Car rides are just the best! Naps are good, too. Really, I offered to drive but Mom just laughed. She's got a weird sense of humor for sure!
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna