August 18, 2022

I've Been Everywhere, Man...


Can you believe I have not one single photograph of any part of my day yesterday? I spent most of my day behind the wheel of my Explorer, running errands hither and yon. Tag was my wingman. 

Together we traveled from home an hour and a half northwest to my brother's home to pick up tomatoes he'd grown; stopped at a farm local to him to purchase sweet corn (only $5/dozen!); went to the Fleet Farm store; stopped at Primitive Gatherings to pick up backing for my Everlasting quilt; made a fuel stop closer to home; and picked up more tomatoes just up the road from our farmhouse. whew!

By the time I got back home, I had an hour and a half to rest a bit, change clothes, and drive back to town to chair a meeting of our 50th (high school) Class Reunion planning committee. I ordered dinner from the restaurant where we were meeting and took it home afterward. I decided that cooking dinner was definitely not on my agenda.

I went to Primitive Gatherings to choose backing fabric for my quilt to match the outer border (darkest fabric above) of the Everlasting quilt. I'll use the same flannel fabric for the binding when it's all finished and returned to me.

When I stopped at my brother's, he pulled out a pressure canner he hadn't been using and gifted it to me. It needed the pressure weight (jiggler), so I went to Fleet Farm to see if they had a replacement. They didn't, but they did have the exact same pressure canner I had on order from Amazon for $30 less! So, yes I bought the one at Fleet Farm, and as soon as I got back in the Explorer, I cancelled the online order. I'll order the replacement piece online.

Tag rode in the cart at Fleet Farm, and got all kinds of attention. He took it all in stride, and was grateful for the extra pets and giggles. ("Look! It's a Corgi!") I have to smile just thinking about it.

I was pretty well gassed by the end of the evening, went to bed early, and slept like a log. Today, I'll be putting up tomatoes. I'll let you know tomorrow whether I used the water bath canner, or if I decided to dive in and use the pressure canner. I'm going to mull it over a cup of coffee and breakfast. 

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a full day & today also.
    Have fun canning!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, Marilyn. I admit, though, I was tired by the time I got back home.
      Canning was so much fun yesterday!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Thank you for another ear worm! Sounds like you had a busy day. Just be careful to rest your back - I know, I'm SUCH a nag (but I've done that, been there, and worn out that t-shirt long ago)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      hee hee. I can even hear Johnny Cash singing it. You? It was a busy day. My back was tender, but not hurting. I was much more careful about that today! No nagging, dear. I appreciate your concern, and I can always use the reminder. Thank you.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. Yes, most definitely Johnny Cash. I loved him - even went so far as to do my school speech in about grade 8 on him.

      Delete
    3. That's so cool! My dad loved Johnny Cash. I heard a lot of country music when I was a kid. All the old C & W singers, Roy Clark, Buck Owens, Johnny Cash, Charlie Pride, Merle Haggard, and so many more. Makes me smile to think about it. xo

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: Whew! I am exhausted just reading about your day! I can just imagine Tag’s Tuesday Report about all the attention. He will want to go to the Fleet Farm more often. Good luck on all your canning today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Now that I know I can take him there, he'll go along more often. He was such a good boy. Thanks for the good luck. It worked!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Go on. Go for it and use the pressure canner. What can possibly go wrong? (my mother managed to get barley all over the kitchen ceiling and wall with her pressure cooker but then the seal was probably past it) You will love it I'm sure once you are past the apprehension.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marriannne:
      I spoke with my dear auntie about it yesterday morning before I started. She told me she loved her pressure cooker and used it frequently when she worked. (She's retired now) She said I shouldn't be afraid, and that accidents are usually "operator error". I was diligent about the instructions, and it worked just the way it's supposed to. I'm going back to it again today!
      Thanks, girlfriend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. Yay you. I knew you would have it all under control.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna