August 29, 2022

Busy Weekend...

 

It was a busy weekend. I did the gown alterations, canned six pints of pears (more will be ready following yesterday's rain storms), and went to my great-great niece's third birthday party.

I ran up the west side of the lake to my great nephew's home where a gaggle of children, friends and family gathered to celebrate this sweet child. She's very shy, so I'm fortunate to have captured a single photo of her looking at me. There were smiles, but never in range of the camera lens, and only fleeting. There was no such thing as a pose. 

Even so, she did have a nice celebration. Two baby shark-shaped cakes, and one baby shark ice cream cake capped off the party, and once all the adults and kids were sufficiently sugared, everyone left for home. I spent a little more time with my sister, Di, who'd driven down from Minnesota for the party, and then I, too, turned for home.

Another Birthday today. Our elder daughter-in-law is celebrating, too. She'll be at work, so we'll celebrate with her next time we're together.

I'll be stitching again today. I'm going to change to single thread embroidery for the cardinals. I know the definition will be better if I do. Yes. I'll be taking out the stitching I've already done to be more precise with the piece. I'll share comparison photos on Wednesday, so I'll see what I'm talking about. 

Tag will visit with you tomorrow, so I'll see you again after that. Hope you're week is off to a splendid start!

8 comments:

  1. Your great-great niece is too cute!
    Hope the alterations went well.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marilyn:
      That's she is, and she's so sweet. I still have to attach the bustle attachments, but I'm going to do that after she picks up her wedding shoes. I have a fun idea that she really liked. I'll take photos when I meet with her again.
      Happy Monday!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. awwww - what a sweet little face!
    Glad the alterations are done and dusted - I'm sure you're hugely relieved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      She is a pretty, little thing. Her whole face lights up when she smiles, but she wouldn't do that for me. I'm glad to have most of the project finished. I just need to add the bustle loop, but she needs to be wearing her wedding shoes, so I know where to attach it. We'll probably do that later this week.
      Happy Monday!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: Such a sweet face. Back from a long road trip to Northern California so now I can follow your daily posts. Hot Hot Hot here for the last of August and Beginning of Sept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sherry:
      I'm sure you're glad to be back home. Did you have a nice Birthday? (I haven't forgotten. Think "Extended Birthday") It's been blissfully normal here this summer. Mostly in the mid-high 70s, so no complaints at all. I could take this right up through Spring!
      Happy Monday!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. Sherry of createology: Yes thank you dear. My birthday was good and I am now 74. Another trip around the sun is my goal.

      Delete
    3. I'm so glad. The world wouldn't be the same without you in it.
      Much love,
      D

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna