June 8, 2019

Meanwhile, In The Studio...

Brynwood Needleworks - Shop Hop Convertible Tote

While I'm trying to get my "updated, new and improved" webmail server back online, I've been busy in the studio. I've been working on projects for the Wisconsin Shop Hop, and more specifically, Primitive Gatherings.

Much of the fabric I'm using is exclusive to Lisa's shop, and she put out a call for participants (from our Sit & Sew group). The deadline really sneaked up on me, so it was a busy two days.

The first thing I made is a modification of the Bella Tote I've been making primarily in cork. For this bag, I mixed it up a bit. I used cork fabric on the lower part of the tote, and all of the shop hop fabrics on the upper and interior portions.

Brynwood Needleworks - Shop Hop Convertible Tote Open

I also made it so that it looks more like a purse when it's snapped, and it becomes a market tote when the sides are unsnapped.

Because I'm creating the patterns for the pieces I'm making, I wanted to keep the hardware simple, so that anyone could easily find the supplies needed to create it.

Brynwood Needleworks - Shop Hop Convertible Tote Interior Fabric

Don't you love the interior fabric? It's the UW-Wisconsin red and white, and this fabric has all kinds of words to signify something Wisconsin.

Brynwood Needleworks - Shop Hop Crossbody Bag

The second piece I've created is a great little crossbody bag. I'm going to be making these for my shop, and they'll have a great price point. I'll make a few in the Wisconsin Shop Hop fabrics, but the rest will be in cork fabric. This is my own pattern, and I'm hoping to be able to teach others how to make it, too.

These bags are great to carry your larger cell phones, along with the things you usually want to keep with you. I purposely made the front pocket large enough for my iPhone, and it's plenty roomy for that.

Brynwood Needleworks - Shop Hop Crossbody Bag - Back
 
The back of this bag is grey cork fabric. I really love the color, and it's perfect for this line of fabrics. 
 
I met my deadline, and all the pieces were delivered yesterday. In fact, they were headed straight for the photographer's. I'll write the patterns over the weekend, and convey them to the shop on Monday. Another job done. Now, if only my computer upgrade issues could be resolved so easily. Maybe today will be the day?

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Donna Dear you always come through in the nick of time. Love your totes! Grey Cork? I do need the little crossbody bag and will be saving my pennies plus. Hope your computer behaves soon. I never got over Blogger and no comments to be seen. Sunday is a day of rest for you I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous bags you created! I really like both, but I think your modified Bella tote wins out! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna