June 25, 2019

Tuesdays With Tag - Deer Here...

Brynwood Needleworks - Farmhouse Corgi - Tag
 
 Hi, Everybody!

One of the great things about livin' here at the farm is the number of animals that stop by to visit from time to time. For one thing, they usually leave somethin' quite odiferous for Boo and me to roll around in. Another, is that most of 'em are entertainin', which means we get to carry on when we see 'em.

We've had these regular visitors for the past week or so. Mom and Dad have been watchin' 'em, but Boo and I didn't actually know about 'em until a couple of days ago.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Deer

They've been gettin' closer and closer to the farmhouse, and a couple of nights ago, Mom and Dad were watchin' them out the windows. As Dad leaned forward in his chair, The Black Dog looked to see what he found so interestin'. When she saw the deer, she started with a low growl. Dad told her to be quiet, but that was all I needed to jump up and bark my fool head off.

The deer stopped and looked at the house. Mom told me to knock it off, and after a few more barks at who-knows-what, I stopped...and the deer went back to rompin' around in the field. Mom could tell - even through the window screens - that three of them were spike bucks, and one was a small girl. She was havin' fun, runnin' circles around the other three.

One of the boys has a limp, too. We think he got hurt somehow, but he still gets around pretty well. We don't think it's life-threatenin'.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Four Deer

Please excuse the blurry picture, because it was taken through a screen. It's such a trade-off...take off the screens to get good pictures, or keep the screens on to keep the mosquitos outside. We opt to keep the bugs out. You get it, right?

Next week is Independence Day (week), so please come back for my Public Service Announcement. I've got some important stuff for you to read about. I'm gonna go back and see if I can find those deer...or at least somethin' interestin' to roll in!
 
 I'll see you again in seven, 'til then...
"Live Like Someone Left The Gate Open".
 

1 comment:

  1. Tag you are right to bark at those deer. Do not let them get close to Mom’s flower beds because they will destroy everything. They are voracious eaters! Enjoy your view of them from afar Tag Dear...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna