June 5, 2019

First Batch Of 2019...

Brynwood Needleworks - Strawberry and Strawberry/Rhubarb Jam
 
Last Friday, I found a really great deal on strawberries, so I bought them. I have a bumper crop of rhubarb this year, so jam was on my immediate agenda. With such a busy weekend, yesterday was the day to do a little canning.

Handsome and I picked some of the rhubarb, and I prepared the strawberries. I made five pints, plus one 8 ounce jar of strawberry jam; and then two pints, one half pint, and seven 8 ounce jars of strawberry/rhubarb jam. By the time I was finished, the kitchen smelled wonderful, and all this goodness was stored away.
 
The jars are now cooled, cleaned and labeled, and in the pantry, so I'll be on to the next thing today. I'm still working on my table runner, so I'm going to wait to share more photos until it's closer to - or completely - finished.
 
I'm running a few errands with my sweetheart, but I'll surely end up in the studio after we get back home. As always, I'll show you what I accomplish when I see you again tomorrow.
 
Happy Hump Day!
 
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Oh YUM!
    I made Rhubarb Jam last year, and it was much too sweet.
    May I ask what recipe you use for either Rhubarb Or Strawberry/Rhubarb?
    I have a bumper crop this year!
    TIA.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely jars of delicious jam. Your kitchen works so well...actually you and handsome work so well...together. Happy Hump Day Dear.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna