June 28, 2019

Stormy Weather...

Brynwood Needleworks - Storm Coming - Liljegren's Hickory Hill Farm
 
Yesterday afternoon, the windows were all open; the breezes were flowing through the farmhouse; and the sun was shining. I have a door to our airing porch located in my sewing studio, and the door was open wide to let the air move through my workroom. 

I noticed that the wind turned around and it was starting to get dark, so I went out on the airing porch to take a look around. This was my view to the north of our farmhouse. Sunshine was giving way to clouds, and I could see the rain moving from the west toward the farm.

Within five minutes of me taking this photograph, the rain was pounding against our buildings. Handsome and I had already closed windows, doors and the outbuildings were closed and secure. We were inside with the dogs, and we were all safe and dry.

The rains left as quickly as they came, and by late afternoon, the sun was again shining down on Hickory Hill Farm. The temperatures were in the mid to high 80s today, but after the storm, it was about 20º cooler. The sunset was magnificent, and the stars were out by the time we went to bed. It was a lovely end to a changing weather day.
 
 
I was in town for my haircut, too, yesterday, and then I went to see a table for the studio. The sewing cabinet I use for my Destiny wasn't really built for it, and the weight of my machine was causing the table top to warp. It's really inconvenient when I attach the embroidery arm because I have to lift the machine to make the connection, so I decided to check out a new-to-me table. (I bought it, and brought it home, along with another great find I'll tell you about tomorrow.)
 
I'm a little low on sewing mojo right now. I have work to do, but no gumption to do it. When that happens, I clean. I had the studios torn up, rearranged, and mostly put back together by dinner time. I'm going to bring the new table in first, and then perhaps today will be a sewing day. We're supposed to get more storms, and I'm usually careful about turning on my machines during bad weather. We'll see how it goes. I can always do more prep work for upcoming projects, so even if I don't sew, I can get caught up in other ways.

Today is Friday, of course, so I may just decide to shut down early and hang out with Handsome and the pups. I can always work tomorrow. wink

DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Lovely storm clouds you captured in photo. How you get so much done each day is beyond me! Enjoy your Friday and let the fresh air in.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna