June 10, 2019

I (Mostly) Rested...

Brynwood Needleworks - Farmhouse Bread
 
It's going to get crazy around the farm pretty darn soon. So, last weekend, I (mostly) rested. I'm going to let Tag tell you more of what we did when he visits with you tomorrow, though. Saturday, I spent outdoors, more soaking up the sun than gardening or yard work.

Yesterday, we got a few things done, but I baked bread in the afternoon. We didn't have any in the house, and I really didn't want to buy some at the store. So, instead of the usual 2-loaf recipe, I doubled it, and will freeze three loaves until they're needed. One will stay out for toast and sandwiches. 

Apparently, my oven loves having four pans in it at the same time, because the outside of these loaves is what I've been striving for since I took my bread classes. Light and crispy/crunchy on the outside, and soft and tasty on the inside. Perfect sandwich bread - with no big, gaping holes so prevalent in store-bought loaves.

It's going to be a little nuts this week. I have to write patterns for the bags I showed you Saturday, and Handsome has a concert on Wednesday. I'm really looking forward to that! I also have three bags I've been commissioned to make, so I need to get those done, too. See what I mean? 

So, I'm off to the races. Miles to go before I sleep, as they say. I'll be writing patterns first. Those have an immediate deadline. Then, we'll see what's up next. 

Tag will be here tomorrow, and I'll be back on Wednesday! Have a great week, my friend. Don't forget to take time to enjoy the journey. 
 
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Oh yum, that bread looks delicious!
    Sounds like you have a busy wee, hope it's a good one!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s good to be busy....with some rest and relaxation. Your bread looks delicious. Happy sewing and pattern writing. Sensational Summer...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna