June 11, 2019

Tuesdays With Tag - It's Gonna Get Excitin' Around Here...

Brynwood Needleworks - Oh, Hi!

Oh, Hi Everybody!

You caught me remindin' Dad that it was time to feed the Corgi (and the Black Dog, too). If it starts to look like someone might have missed dinner time, I just jump up onto the sofa, run down to the arm of Dad's chair, and get up in his face. 

Usually a look is all it takes, but sometimes I have to get a little vocal. After Dad quits laughin', he or Mom get to the pantry and fill the dishes with tasty morsels. My technique works pretty well. 

So, this week I want to tell you that it's fixin' to get real excitin' around the farm. You won't believe who the center of the "storm" is gonna be.

Liljegren's Suncoast Bella

Yep. It's all about The Black Dog. Last weekend, she started smellin' funny to me. Then, she jumped up onto the sofa and left a little drop behind. Dad and Mom checked it out, cleaned and disinfected the sofa, and put a diaper on her (Bella, not Mom!). 

She's been checked at the vet, who says she's "pre-sumthin'", and she has to go back on Thursday for another test. She doesn't even have to study for it, but I know she doesn't like it. She told me it involves them doin' somethin' to her privates, and she won't even let me back there! She's pretty insulted by the whole affair.

Anyway, once we get the "go" from the vet, Mom's loadin' her up into the Explorer and headin' to Bella's betrothed, who's stayin' with Uncle Mike. They're gonna get hitched, and then he's gonna give her babies (her betrothed, not Uncle Mike. Stay with me now!). Then, Mom and Bella will pack up their stuff and head home to await the blessed event. It's all a little technical for me. This is all I know...
 
Brynwood Needleworks - The Hickory Hill (Doggie) Hilton
 
Mom and Dad assembled a new apartment for Bella and me in the barn. They've called it the Hickory Hill (Doggie) Hilton. Our kennels are in here, so I can help Boo get used to it (and she won't be lonesome). 
 
Next weekend, Mom and Dad are goin' to get somethin' called a whelpin' box. It's what Bella will sleep in when she's gettin' ready to have puppies. It keeps 'em all corralled in one place so she doesn't lose 'em.

Well, first things first. She's gotta get her system goin' so Mom and Dad can count off the days until she has to travel. Then, Mom's gonna have to get some quick drivin' miles in to get to southeast Florida in good time. After that...well, all I know is Dad and I will hang out at the farm on our own for a while. 

Don't worry. I'll let you know what's goin' on as soon as someone gets the info to me. It's just a stoopid waitin' game for now. That, and stayin' outside in our new digs once in a while. We do what we can to keep things excitin' around here. Just wait 'til there are puppies! (I can't!)
 
 I'll see you again in seven, 'til then...
"Live Like Someone Left The Gate Open".
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Donna... Thanks so much for the giggles this morning! ("Stay with me now!") 😂🤣 My best wishes for Bella & when the puppies come - they'll be so lucky to have such a wonderful UncleTag! xo, Bren & Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tag you surprised me with this news. Mom havin a diaper was too funny though. Bella is in for some rude awakenings but with you and Mom and Dad she will be just fine and you will be so happy there will be puppies! Love your new digs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna