June 22, 2019

I Was A Bad Blogger...

Brynwood Needleworks via Internet
 
Yesterday was a flurry of activity, and I barely paid attention to my phone. No photographs were taken to record the day's events, and there is nothing to show for all that was accomplished.

First thing in the morning, our dear neighbor showed up with tractor and trailer to meet his nephew at our house. His nephew brought sons to help, and in no time, a basement window was removed and there were busy hands tossing firewood up and out of our basement.

When one trailer was full, it pulled away from the house, and another took its place. Handsome ferried wood in the front loader of our tractor from the house to the trailers, and at the end of the day, we estimated that a whopping three cords of wood had been emptied out of our cistern and wood room. (Chastising myself here for not taking a single photo of the work in progress...or the cistern, full of wood...or the cistern empty, for that matter!)

I needed to run errands, and when I got home, Handsome was vacuuming the last of the cobwebs out of the floor joists. I thought the cistern was going to be a perfect storage room, and man, I had no idea! It's HUGE now that it's empty! 

Our immediate thank you to Andy for his help in the process was to invite him, Shelly and their grandson down for dinner by the fire (pit). It got a little chilly as darkness fell on the farmhouse, but we enjoyed our visit none the less.  (We're working on a few other tokens of gratitude for them, too, but don't tell, okay?)

This was a perfect day - well, you know, except for the lack of photos. I'll be taking pictures of the cistern today, so you can see what I'll have to work with. I think paint is in order before shelves, but that won't happen right away. (Remember my list from yesterday? First things first.)

Enjoy your Saturday, and I'll be back to share photos with you on Monday. (Of course, I'll post a Sunday Scripture for you, too.) 
 
Oh, and this photo isn't mine. I saw it on Facebook last night. I can't wait for our hollyhocks to open up. They're going to be magnificent this year! 

Happy Summer!!

DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. It takes a village... Just like the good ol’ days when everyone came for a “barnraising” and got the job done in record time. Then celebrated with a meal and dancing...did you dance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never have had any luck growing hollyhocks here in Texas. My Mother grew beautiful ones. She would take me outside and make hollyhock dolls for me. I never outgrew them as I have never outgrown dolls. Looking at that picture I am transported back in time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous story you shared, Donna! It reminds me of times past where friends and family came together to help out. The Hollyhocks are a gorgeous color.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna