April 12, 2023

Completed Sacred Heart...

 
I finished the Sacred Heart Brooch and it now sits on a special pincushion next to my first Immaculate Heart. I'm working out the details for the lilies for the Most Chaste Heart, but in the meantime, I'll set up another of each of these two to make available in my shop for purchase. 

It was a long day yesterday, but I think we narrowed down that it's not a neurological issue with Bella, which is a good thing. I think there's still a CT scan in her future, along with a possible change in medication, but we're narrowing down the issue. I'm waiting for a call back from the clinic, but I think her next appointment will be back in Madison on May 10th - after Handsome and Carly are back home. (yay!)


My sister, Jan offered a watercolor class in her Facebook group last night, so I pulled out a set of watercolors I bought for using with needlework and just played along. I've never attempted painting an actual scene or anything, but I had fun with it. This is what I created. I have to say it was a peaceful way to end my day.

Handsome will be returning soon, so I'll probably be working upstairs again today. I really want to get this organizing and purging finished by the time he gets home, but I also want it done so I can get outside while this weather is so perfect! Time to get after it! Right after my morning cuppa...
 

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Donna...is there no end to your talents?!?! That scene turned out lovely! I wish you well in your continued purging and organizing! And finding a solution to Bella's issue - narrowing down health concerns can be such a drawn out and frustrating ordeal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, dear Lois! I had fun playing, but feel I have so much to learn to be really good. I also realize that it's best to stick to what I'm familiar with and try to improve that - needlework. This was just a fun outlet and an evening spent with my sister, who really is good that this! We'll keep working toward a solution for Bella, but I'm glad, too, that we're narrowing down the culprit(s).
      Hope you're having a great week.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. The brooches are so very pretty.
    That watercolor is awesome!
    I'm glad you are finally getting somewhat of an answer to Bella's problem.
    Take care.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, dear Marilyn:
      Thanks so much for your compliment. As I told Lois, this was a fun outlet to play with paints and spend extra time with Jan. I originally got this watercolor palette to perhaps add a new dimension to my needlework. It will be fun to explore where that goes, but I'm not going to add another craft to my room. (I'm trying to lighten the load. lol) I'm hoping we have some concrete answers for Bella soon. I feel so bad always having to keep her separate from the group.
      Have a great week, girlfriend. I'm enjoying the heck out of this gorgeous weather!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: Gorgeous Brooches. Bella and y’all will be so glad when her condition is figured out and resolved. My Goodness! Your watercolor is beautiful. Beautiful Spring Weather…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, dear Sherry:
      YOUR watercolors are beautiful. This was a fun exercise, but as I said above, I think I'll stick to what I know and love best. I'll just do this occasionally to spend time with Jan. She's so talented in mixed media, where fabric and fibers are really my forte'. We'll keep after Bella's issues until we get it figured out. Thanks, girlfriend.
      Big hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Those hearts are just gorgeous, as is the watercolor. I want a sister like that. I'm so glad that you're headed in the right direction with Bella's issue. I'm enjoying our great weather too, working in the yard.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear Shirley. I'm blessed to have three talented sisters. Their gifts all lie in different areas...baking, crochet, knitting, and so much more. I'm also glad we're slowly narrowing in on Bella's issues. It's been a long winter keeping her and Tag separated when they're in the house. Baby gates all over the place, it looks like we have little kids around here! lol Enjoy being outdoors. I'm going to do the same today!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Two very beautiful hearts! And I'm glad that Bella's issue is perhaps on the road to being resolved so she can return to her usual sunny self.
    And that painting -beautiful! I took a weekend watercolour course many years ago and the project was to paint lilacs. I was quite proud of my effort until I came home and showed it to DH and he didn't know what it was supposed to be AND thought I was holding it upside down. Painting, obviously, is not my thing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna