April 6, 2023

Strawberry Moon Art Magazine...

 

I'm so proud of my little sister, Jan. Strawberry Moon Art Magazine landed in my mailbox yesterday and as I recently told you, she's officially a published, contributing artist!

The magazine is filled with submissions from many talented artists, but of course, I'm partial to one in particular.


This is the two-page layout of her article in an issue dedicated to how creating art is a form of self-care. We all know it is, whether it's in the kitchen or a studio. Jan writes about how it fulfills her, personally, and it was an interesting read. They also showcased all the artwork she submitted, along with her pretty face at the bottom of the page.

If you are interested in a magazine dedicated to paper crafts, art journaling, and other creative outlets for mixed media, you can order your own copy HERE

I originally had plans to spend today with the Sewcial Sisters, but many of the ladies have been participating in a mini-retreat for our group since Sunday, and Kathy D. let me know they're all heading home around noon, and decided to cancel our date. I'll have to wait to see them until next month. I think I'm going to do a little pressure canning today instead. I found a deal on chicken, so I need to get it processed into jars. Morning coffee, deal with the critters and then I'll be in the kitchen if you're looking for me.

7 comments:

  1. Congrats to your sister for being published, how exciting!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marilyn.
      Happy Easter Weekend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Yes, congrats to your sister! It's so exciting to be published so kudos to her. It's a magazine I've not heard of so doubt it's available here although maybe it would be in the bigger cities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Thanks so much!
      Happy Easter Weekend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: I do not know of this magazine so I am happy you are sharing it. Huge Congratulations to your sister Jan for being published. Art of any type is health to the soul. Happy Canning dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      I got a lot done yesterday, and am going to take it easy today! Thanks for your kind comments for Jan.
      Happy Easter Weekend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. I have never heard of this magazine, but it looks beautiful.
    Congratulations to Jan.
    She is well deserving of the honor of being published.
    Happy Easter weekend.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna