April 18, 2023

Morning Promises...


"Red sky at night, sailor's delight.
Red sky in morning, sailor's take warning."

This is the glorious sunrise I photographed after a weekend of warm, sunny weather. It was the morning we were treated to another twelve hours of snow. Guess the old poem applied. Even so, I think this sunrise makes up for it.

I haven't stitched since I set up the Immaculate heart projects last weekend. I've been running hither and yon, and will be at an appointment mid-afternoon again today. (I had two appointments Monday, and another yesterday.) Don't worry. It's all good.

I'm going to try to sit and stitch a bit this afternoon. If so, you know I'll share photographs with you tomorrow. If not? Well, it will be a surprise post for me, too! Enjoy the sunrise. Enjoy the day, and always count your blessings. I appreciate you!
 

10 comments:

  1. Mom used to repeat that verse all of the time.
    There's been some beautiful sunrise/sunsets.
    I am cursing the snow we woke up to Monday morning!!
    I hope your busy is all good!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      It was a very good day...inside. Outside, not so much. Lots of cold rain and wind. brrrr
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. That is a lovely sunrise! God is indeed the Great Artist with perfect color selections! Hope all your appointments are productive and bring good and pleasing results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      You're so right. He's the best artist, indeed. Good appointments, and interesting results. More on that soon.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Beautiful sunrise and I sincerely hope the old saying isn't true. None of us need any more of that miserable white stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I agree on all counts. I'm ready for gardening weather now!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: Sunrise is beautiful. No more snow for you…I hope. Blessings for you and your appointments dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      From your mouth... Blessings right back, girlfriend. Thank you.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Beautiful sunrise. I know too well how those appointments can cut into a day and then I find it difficult to get started with anything. I guess it's all about momentum. Enjoy the day.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      Smack dab in the middle of the day, too. sigh I did manage to get quite a bit done before the appointment. Not so much after. lol I think I'm procrastinating. sigh
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna