April 5, 2023

Hangin' With My Peeps...

I got a batch of Peeps cookies finished on Monday so that they'd be set up and ready to send off to Handsome and his hosts yesterday. They're already on their way, hopping down to Florida, with the exception of two bunnies and three eggs. Aren't you proud of me? I only held those back for myself.

I carefully packaged these in small loaf pans with parchment between layers and then lovingly placed them into a larger box with lots of padding. They should arrive tomorrow, so I'll look forward to hearing Handsome's reaction.

 

I'm doing more purging in the studio today, and am looking forward to my next "event" in June. This isn't going to be a usual Brynwood appearance with my handbags, wallets and embroidered creations. This is like a yard sale for fellow fabric hoarders collectors. Participants are invited to bring fabrics, sewing supplies, books/patterns, kits, threads, floss, yarn, art supplies, sewing machines/accessories, scissors, wool and more that they no longer want to sell to attendees. 

As you know I have a lot that I'm planning to move out of my studio, and this is a perfect opportunity to share with like-minded artisans. I'll be busy between now and the set up date (June 2nd), collecting all my goodies into one place so I can take them to the Gathering House. People will be able to shop indoors in a climate-controlled, protected environment, so we won't be at the whims of the weather. I'm really looking forward to it.

So, if you're local (as in, in Wisconsin) or close enough to attend, mark your calendars. It's going to be fun! I'm going to set up a section in my sidebar in the next day or so listing all the events I'll be involved with through the rest of the year. The rest of them will be venues where I'll be selling my Brynwood creations.

10 comments:

  1. I recently saw this statement.... "I RESCUE craft supplies. Therefore, I am NOT a HOARDER. I am a HERO." I printed it out and hung it in my sewing/craft room - currently the location of many piles of "rescued" supplies and in-progress/waiting projects - with little to no room to work. )-: You are obviously much better at maintaining/organizing your supplies and work area. Have a great day purging your studio, fellow hero! (-;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! and those bunnies are just too cute!

      Delete
    2. Oh, Lois-
      I'm not really that good at maintaining/organizing. I'm finally realizing that finding a place for all my stuff and then having to search days to find it again when I finally need it isn't really what I should be doing. I'm going to share the wealth and make more room for walking paths and so my eyes can rest when I walk into my studio. I'll let you know how that works out.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Such cute Peeps - and I'm sure Handsome will be delighted. Oh, a purge and splurge sale.....how I wish I lived close enough to be there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      He should get the cookies today. Fingers crossed, because it bugs me that they'd just be getting stale in a mail room somewhere. I've never done the sale before, but apparently they're highly successful. I'll be sure to take photos while I'm there. I suspect that not many of the vendors will be able to take credit cards, so that may give me a slight advantage.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Oh the Peeps turned out so adorable, I'm sure they will be a huge hit in Florida.
    That is so wonderful of Primitive Gatherings to do the Purge and Splurge, I don't know of any
    other shops that would do that. My 'local' quilt shop is closing this weekend after eighteen years. She is retiring and could not find a buyer.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      I actually thought the same thing. I think it's awesome that Lisa provides this service for her customers. It's so sad that no one wanted to take over your local quilt shop...for them and for you. I know I'll get a phone call after they open the box in Florida. Handsome will likely immediately eat one. lol
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: Yummy cute cookies. Handsome will be very Happy. WOW! A Purge and Splurge event!! I’ll stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      I'm pretty sure he'll like them, too! I think it's awfully generous of Lisa to hold such an event. I think it's part of the reason she's so successful!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Mmmm, those cookies look so cute & delicious!
    The purge is a great idea.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna