April 17, 2023

April Craft Day...

I had a grand time on Saturday. Some of our regulars weren't able to come, and someone new joined this month. Deb and Kim couldn't attend, but I got to meet Nancy who will become Adrienne's new mother-in-law this fall.

I like this mosaic because it shows the relationship between each of these artists. My dear friend, Linda is in the upper left. Next to her is her daughter, Marie. Then, Marie's daughter, Adrienne. Below Linda is her sister-in-law, Linda P. Under Marie is her granddaughter, Aria, and below Adrienne is her future MIL, Nancy.

 
Our project this month was decorated Easter eggs. They remind me of the sugar eggs with lacy icing and sweet treats inside. These were Dollar Tree plastic eggs. An oval opening was cut into the top half of the eggs. We painted the inside of the egg, and after reassembling the two halves of the egg, we proceeded to decoupage beautiful tissue papers on the outside of the egg. Trims were added to all except mine. I decided to add my own vintage trims after I got back home. We then mounted the completed eggs onto candlestick bases.

Aren't they cute? Mine is the second from the left in the above photograph. I'll finish mine this week and then I can tuck it away with other Easter decorations until next spring.

6 comments:

  1. That looks like a fun craft day with a pretty project.
    After a beautiful week, we had an inch of snow last night. :(
    Mother Nature needs some meds!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I'm with you. I can hear the birds singing outside, but it's still snowing here. I made sure to put out plenty of food for them. This is crazy!
      We had a great time on Saturday. It was a fun project.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. I love the multi-generational aspect of the group and once again it was a fun project. Dollar stores sometimes have the best inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I really love that, too. Adrienne's daughter sometimes joins us, and knowing four beautiful generations of this family is one of my life's blessings. Linda and I have been friends for nearly fifty years. God knew I needed her in my life when he brought us together.
      We frequently use basic supplies the ladies found at the Dollar store. Reminds me that I need to come up with something fun and unique for the next time it's my turn to teach.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: Such a fun and diverse group. Very cute Easter Eggs. Y’all are so creative and on a $Dollar Tree budget is right for my pocket book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely group, and a beautiful project. Four generations, wow. Happy that it was a wonderful day for all of you.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna