April 4, 2023

Tuesdays With Tag - I'm Twelve Now...

Brynwood's Taggart - 2023 Twelfth Birthday

Hi, Everybody!

Yesterday was a perfect Birthday for me. The weather was sunny and warmer - perfect for this lowrider. The snow is almost gone, too. YAY!!!

My day began with a lively romp in the yard and Mom let me snuffle all over the place. If you look closely, you can see the field behind me (and the grass) are already startin' to green up. It's about time, too!

After our run, Mom took us in the house for breakfast, and then she made Easter cookies to send to Dad. The house smelled great, and from time to time, she'd give me an animal cracker - just because. Don't worry. Bella got some, too.

Then, we went for a ride with Mom and hung out in town for a while. We looked at bigger crates for me, but Mom said she's gonna order a nicer pad for my kennel (like the one Boo has) instead. 

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, Mom told me that she made an appointment for me to get groomed. I wanted to be bummed, but truthfully, I could use a little buffin' and puffin'. It will be nice to get all my old undercoat brushed out and shine me up a tad. I just hope Miss Joy doesn't try puttin' bows in my fur!

Anyway, Mom didn't take lots of pictures today because you get to see me most weeks, and her hands were a little full durin' our jaunt. Trust me, though. We did have a nice day, and I was glad to be the Man of the Day.

The End of a Great Birthday

We had dinner when we got home, and Mom even added hard-boiled egg to our meals. After dinner, Bella and I each got a puppachino and collapsed in our kennels. We were tired and ready for bed. Mom came in and took our dishes out of our crates, aired us out before lights out, and told us we were good dogs. 

All in all, it was a very nice day. The best news is that I saw the special canister that Mom uses for the puppachinos, so I know there are more of those in our future. I went to sleep, dreamin' of tasty treats bein' handed out the rest of this week. I'm considerin' myself One Lucky Boy.

Happy Birthday to my brother, Trip, too!

One more thing - I just want to let you know that my mouth healed up perfectly. I had three days of meds in case it was sore, so recuperation was easy. Even so, I'm not anxious to have that done again any time soon. 

I'll see you again in seven. 'til then... 
"Be A Good Dog."

14 comments:

  1. Happy #12 Tag!!!
    I'm glad you had a fun day with treats.
    Glad your mouth is feeling better.
    Take care!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Marilyn:
      Sorry it took so long to thank you for the Birthday wishes. I've been partyin' like a rock star!
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Miss Lois!
      Thanks so much for the Birthday wishes.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a wonderful day Tag - happy birth day week (after all, birthdays should be celebrated for much longer than just one day). So glad that your mouth healed in time for you to enjoy your birthday treats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss MA!
      Thanks for the Birthday wishes. I'm still partyin' this week! My mouth feels much better, and Mom says my breath is now "kissin' sweet". Oh, boy!
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: Tag that was a very nice day and way to spend your 12th Birthday. We have Hail and Snow flakes falling all over today. I don’t think Mother Nature got the message that it is Spring. Enjoy your week of extra treats and grooming. Love and Smooches…XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Sherry:
      Our weather finally got nice this week! It was 70ยบ today (Monday). Sorry it took so long to say thanks. I've been havin' fun outside and still celebratin'. I hope your weather is nicer now, too!
      Smooches and big cuddles,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday WMHC! Sounds like you had a very nice birthday and an extended one with getting the new pad soon. Great news about your mouth healing so well also. And a grooming appointment, sounds like that might call for some treats. Have a great week.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Shirley:
      Thanks for the Birthday wishes. Mom made my appointment but the groomer is slammed right now. I can't get in until May! I don't mind, but Mom had hoped for an earlier date. I can wait to see Miss Joy. She's really lovely. I'm still celebratin' and hopin' there might be more presents in store for me. Keepin' my paws crossed.
      Smooches and Wags,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  6. Happy 12th birthday Tag! It’s great to hear you’re healing and feeling well. Enjoy your puppachino!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Bonnie:
      That puppachino was the BEST! I hope I get another one this week!
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday! And wishing you many more! - Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Kathy!
      Thanks! I agree...about 10 more would be real nice!
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna