April 25, 2023

Tuesdays With Tag - Field Dogs...

 
Hi, Everybody!
 
It sure looks different from our last pictures, doesn't it? The fields all around us are nice and green, and there are all the wonderful smells that come with the newest season. I'm not technically a "huntin' dog", but Mom says I should be doin' Corgi scent trials because I've got an awesome nose, and I'd be good at it. I'm sure I'd have fun doin' that, too!

 
We get out every day (of course!) year round, but it's especially sweet when it's warmer and the ground is green. Then we really get to run around! Mom said she really likes watchin' us run around with our heads down, and Bella always strikes a runway pose when she smells somethin' good. Mom just watches close to make sure Bella or I don't tuck a shoulder so we can roll in nasty (accordin' to her) stuff!
 
The barn girls are goin' out for longer periods of time now that it's warmer, too. Crystal and Claudette like huntin' in the tall grass up the hillside, but they don't usually go into the woods. It's fun when Mom calls them late in the day and they come runnin' from wherever they are for their dinner.
 
Dad and Carly will be leavin' Florida next Monday, and we're plannin' a party when they get here. Carly's Birthday is this Thursday, and she's gonna be three! We're gonna wait to celebrate until she gets back here, though. I mean, how much fun would it be to have a Birthday bash without the Guest of Honor?

It's gonna be chilly the rest of the week, but it looks like Dad will be bringin' warm weather with him as he drives north. That will be another reason to celebrate, for sure. I'll let you know where they are in their return trip next Tuesday when we visit again. I'm gonna run 'cuz we've got lots to do before they get here!
 
I'll see you again in seven. 'til then... 
"Be A Good Dog."

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you & Bella can get outside for all of the good smells!
    Be careful for critters though.
    I'm sure you will be glad to see Dad & Carly soon.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Marilyn:
      We're real careful, and Mom is always on the lookout for us, too. I really like snufflin' around in the field. You never know what I'll find!
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  2. Ah, such lovely green! So glad for you all that Dad will be home very soon! Seems like it's been such a looonngg time! It's wonderful that you and Mom (Bella and the girls, too) are surrounded by so many special and dear people with whom you can enjoy the days, but, nothing beats having both of your most special people at home! Keep enjoying the green, but, please resist the temptation of the brown! 😳

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Lois:
      I think the green goes better with my colorin' than the white does, and it's sure more fun! It's been four months since Dad and The Kid rolled out our driveway. It's past time for him to come home. We are lookin' forward to it. I'll keep my eyes on the green, but you do know I love a good brown! lol
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  3. Looks like you and Bella are having a wonderful time! Just remember Tag - you mustn't run away! Very glad to hear that Dad will be home soon. Safe travels to him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss MA:
      We are havin' fun, and just today Mom said I might have to wear my lead again soon. Rats! That means that even if the wanderlust strikes, I'll be stuck here at home. Not fair! I can't wait for Dad to get home. Maybe he'll say I don't have to wear one. (Doubt it!) You know I'll ask anyway!
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: Tag you do make a really good Field Dog. And Bella could follow your lead. Green grass is so welcome after a long winter of white freezing snow. Enjoy your rompin in the outdoors dear Tag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Sherry:
      Bella is a superb huntin' dog. (Don't tell her I said so. It can be our little secret.) If there were a pheasant or turkey in the field, it wouldn't stand a chance if we were huntin'. That's for sure. We're so happy and excited the snow is gone - hopefully for good for the rest of this month and beyond. We over it!
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  5. So nice to see green. Barn girls, smart girls not to go into the woods. Hard to believe that
    Carly will be three, time flies. Stay out of the nasty at least until Carly gets home. Looking forward to your travel update on Dad and Carly. Prayers for their safe travels home.
    Enjoy your busy week.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Shirley:
      We're lovin' the green, for sure. The barn girls are pretty savvy, but yes, Mom worries when they move out into the open to get to the woods, too. I'm sure Dad wouldn't mind, but Mom likes them to be where she can see them.Dad told us he and Carly will be startin' home on Tuesday next week. We can't wait! Thanks for the prayers.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna