April 21, 2023

I Can't Not Stitch...

 
My hands still hurt and as I said yesterday, my great doctor has no idea why I'm in pain. So, in keeping with what I said in my last post, I'm going to needle dance in short sessions.
 
I pulled all my materials together to get back to creating a couple more Heart Brooches. I'm thinking these may become available in my shop once they're finished.
 
 
I stitched down the gold super purl pearl edging yesterday, deciding to stop when I completed this much. I'll return to this today and add the same trim to the flame area. I'll decided whether to go on to the next (inner) border of gilt twist once this part is done.
 
Once these are finished, I'm so anxious to show you what I'm going to create in goldwork next! It's not going to surprise many of you, but it's going to be a sparkling version of something near and dear to me. Can you guess what it is?
 
If I take it little by little, I'll get take care of my hand as I fulfill my need to put needle and thread to fabric. I can move on to other things without feeling too crippled for doing what I love. I think it's a workable compromise. We'll see. (I'd cross my fingers, but that actually hurts. sigh)
 
 
PS. If you don't see my posts appearing around midnight CST, it's because I couldn't wrestle my computer into behaving. I get my daily writings up the next day as soon as I can. I'm holding off buying a new computer until I can decide whether I want just a laptop, or the larger screen afforded by a desktop version. Thanks for understanding.

8 comments:

  1. Doing stitch nibbles is probably the best way to go for now. I suppose for a lot of us doing marathon sessions of any one thing is probably not the wisest course of action but it's so hard to stop when you're enjoying what you're doing. Take care of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I think so, too. I'm not going to be doing any 8 hour stitching for a while. I ran into Walmart after my PT session today (it's almost next door to the clinic), and after perusing the entire pain cream aisle, I landed on Blue Emu™. I tried it last night and it actually helped. If I decide to get something stronger, I'll head over to our local Fleet Farm for the Aspercreme for animals you suggested. (I saved it in my phone). Thanks for the recommendation.
      Happy Weekend!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. Not Aspercreme - it's Absorbine (but I think you likely have it correct in your phone)

      Delete
  2. Sherry of createology: This is a great way to rest your hand and still be able to stitch. Slow and steady wins. Blessings Dear…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, too, Sherry. Better than sitting around and feeling sorry for myself.
      Happy Weekend, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. You have a great plan going. It is difficult to stop when you see such great progress. I always say 'one more stitch, one more row' the same goes for doing yard work and then realize that I've hit the pain threshold. Come to think of it I do that with chips and chocolate too, just one more, but that's a whole other story. And with pain, no matter how little or how much it still wears you down.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      Chips - chocolate and potato - are definitely one of my downfalls. Better to not thread up the needle every other day so that I can give my hand a rest in between. I'm trying Blue Emu cream right now and it actually seems to help. We'll see how resting and rubbing cream on it for a few days does.
      Happy Weekend!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Yes, do a little at a time.
    A few stitches is better than no stitches.
    There's a new saying in the stitching world.......do 1 thread a day, it will get done!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna